January 13, 2023
Hello Wolf Pack,
ASB has been helping our Wolf Pack celebrate Martin L King, Jr. and his legacy in a variety of ways this week, through morning announcements and creating collaborative displays to hang in our school.
Mr. Larsen continued visiting classrooms sharing his message about Selkirk Pride and Ownership. We'll continue to stress the importance of taking care of our building.
Students are working closely with teachers as we approach the end of the quarter; many are offering opportunities to make up work or to retake a quiz or test with specific due dates. If you haven't already, look through PowerSchool with your student checking on achievement, missing assignments, etc., and encourage your student to talk with teachers about specific assignments.
This Week & Upcoming Events:
- No School on Monday, Jan. 16th, because of Martin Luther Kind, Jr. Day.
- Wednesday: 1st Basketball games 7th grade boys' basketball versus North Pines at Selkirk at 4:15 & 8th grade boys' basketball versus North Pines at North Pines at 4:15
- Thursday, Jan. 19th: CVSD School Safety Q & A at Ridgeline High School from 6:00-7:15 pm
- Fill the Truck Food Drive: All CVSD Middle School are partnering with Spokane Valley Partners for our annual food drive from Monday, January 30th until Friday, February 10th.
- Family Date Night at Trailbreaker Cider House on Jan. 26th. Details below.
- Yoga Fundraiser at The Mat on Saturday, Feb. 11. Details below.
Student Drop-off/Pick Up Location
Thank you for helping us make the shift in locations for parents and buses to drop-off/pick up.
A few reminders:
Please pull forward to help allow additional cars through the round about.
Please communicate with your student where you will meet them.
Please do your best not to block the round about. You may need to pull into the parking lot instead, but we've noticed that the process has been quick each day-- so THANK YOU for that!
Buses returned to using the WEST side of the building. (This is the courtyard side.)
Student drop-off/pick up returned to using the EAST side of the building. (This is the front parking lot, closest to the round about.)
The East parking lot is still available for parents to drop off and pick up students.
Career Fair in February
Ping Pong Comes to Selkirk!
The Ping Pong Club will meet on Tuesdays from 2:45-4:00 beginning Dec. 6th.
Meet in the library.
6th Grade Math is Cool...Seriously!
If you enjoy math, love to compete, or just want to improve your math skills, consider joining the Selkirk “Math is Cool” team…
Coaches: Mr. Northern, Nate Fox and Andrew Bota
Who: 6th- Graders
When: Mondays & Wednesdays from 2:50-4:00pm
- First meeting is Wednesday, November 30
- Finishes with “Math is Cool” Championships on a “yet-to-be-determined date” in early February.
Where: Mr. Northern’s Classroom #314
Open to the first 25 6th-graders to sign-up who have ASB Fee paid!
*Please see Mr. Northern for information or sign-up on Final Forms
Contacts at Selkirk Middle School
Attendance Line: 558-6207 (or email: email@example.com)
Principal, Ty Larsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Asst. Principal, Jen Hurst: email@example.com
Counselor, Connie Mott: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Secretary, Mandi Daniels: email@example.com
Assistant Secretary, Denise Burgess: firstname.lastname@example.org