Mrs. Drake's Kindergarten News
February 12, 2016
Hello Kindergarten Families!
Welcome to Kindergarten Room 108. Here you will find updates and news of what's happening in our classroom.
Here's What We've Been Up To...
- We have been working on consonant blends and made the connection that we use blends in our writing too - sh, ch, th, st, etc
- We learned three new sight words was, want with
- We have been reading valentine stories such as Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch and discussed kindness and how we can show it. We made cards for our friends in our class and in the school.
- We created a pattern book I love ________ because... and recorded it in our See Saw app.
- We talked about and wrote what "Love is..."
- We continued working on forming our letters correctly.
- We continue to work on the conventions of writing, being conscious of capital letters, finger spaces and punctuation.
- February's number corner calendar markers inspire us to think about counting groups of 5 and some more
- We are continuing to write our teen numbers accurately.
- We are working on our subitizing skills. Subitizing is the ability to instantly identify how many without having to count from one.
- We have learned many new Valentine's Day themed math centers.
- We started getting ready for the 100th day of kindergarten
Kindergarten at play
Character Counts Week is February 22-26
Monday - Pajama Day
Tuesday- Crazy Hat/Hair Day
Wednesday - Lego Block Day (wear lego colors)
Thursday - Dress up as a character from your favorite TV show/movie/book
Friday -Time Travel Day (Dress up from your favorite