By- Deinedra, Francheska, Jenna,& Sarah
1 cups of milk, yogurt, or soy milk
1 1/2 ounces of natural cheese
2 ounces of processed cheese
Benefits of dairy
improved bone health, reduced risk of cardio vascular disease, reduced risk of osteoporosis, reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and reduced risk of high blood pressure.
- Choose fat free or low fat milk, yogurt, and cheese. If not the fat counts against your maximum limit for "empty calories"
- The sugars in sweetened milk, flavored milk, yogurt, or deserts also count for the maximum limit of "empty calories"
- Those who are lactose-intolerant can consume smaller portions as it is tolerated or lactose free or reduced dairy products.
- Enzyme preparations can also be added.
- Calcium choices for those who don't consume dairy are kale, fish, soy, greens, beans, and rice.
So, what?? Who cares???
Dairy provides nutrients that are vital for health and the maintenance of your body. It also reduces risk of cardio vascular or heart disease which is one of the leading factors of death in the United States.