School Newsletter — January 22nd, 2020
Kinder and First Grade Music Program
Register to attend the Community-Wide Conversation Around Race
In our ongoing efforts to ensure equitable access, inclusion, and opportunity for our students, families, and staff, the Beaverton School District is engaging in the first of, hopefully, many community conversations around race. As a valued member of our community we would like to cordially invite you to attend and participate!
On Wednesday, January 29, 2020 from 3:15 to 6:00 p.m., we will be welcoming students, families, staff, and community members from throughout Beaverton and the surrounding region to join us at Southridge High School. The afternoon will include the elevation of student and adult voices from our schools and community partners in two breakout sessions focused on specific topics within the conversation around race. In between those two sessions, we will be listening to students engaging in conversation about the importance of developing and empowering our racial literacy. Please consider joining us for the event, and please share the opportunity with others!
You can learn more about the schedule, the various breakout sessions being offered, and register to attend the event by going to our website.
Southridge High School is located at: 9625 SW 125th Avenue Beaverton, OR 97008
For questions or assistance please call Susan Ouellette at 503-356-4431.
Regístrese para asistir a la conversación comunitaria sobre educación racial
En nuestros esfuerzos continuos para garantizar el acceso equitativo, la inclusión y la oportunidad para nuestros estudiantes, familias y personal, el Distrito Escolar de Beaverton está participando en la primera de muchas conversaciones comunitarias sobre la raza. Como miembro valioso de nuestra comunidad, nos gustaría invitarle cordialmente a asistir y participar.
El miércoles, 29 de enero de 2020 de las 3:15 a las 6:00 p.m., daremos la bienvenida a estudiantes, familias, personal y miembros de la comunidad de todo Beaverton y la región circundante para que se unan a nosotros en la escuela preparatoria Southridge. La tarde incluirá la opinión de estudiantes y adultos de nuestras escuelas y socios comunitarios en dos sesiones grupales centradas en temas específicos dentro de la conversación en torno a la raza. Entre esas dos sesiones, escucharemos a los estudiantes entablar una conversación sobre la importancia de desarrollar y empoderar nuestra educación racial. ¡Por favor considere asistir al evento e invite a otras personas!
Puede obtener más información sobre el horario, las diversas sesiones grupales que se ofrecen y registrarse para asistir al evento visitando nuestro sitio web.
La escuela preparatoria Southridge está ubicada en: 9625 SW 125th Avenue Beaverton, OR 97008
Si tiene preguntas por favor llame a Susan Ouellette al 503-356-4431.
Girls On The Run—Registration Open (Choose Hazeldale as a Team)
Here at Girls on the Run of Portland Metro, we're excited for another great season building joyful, healthy, and confident girls!
With over 90 Girls on the Run teams (grades 3-5) and 11 Heart & Sole teams (grades 6-8) across the Portland metro area, this will be our biggest and best spring season ever. Register your girl now so she can experience a program that will inspire her to boldly pursue her dreams. All physical abilities welcome. Participants grow in confidence, make friends, challenge themselves and have fun!
First-come, first-serve registration will begin on January 21st for any teams with spots remaining. (Mr. Lynn sent home paper flyers in Wednesday Folders already).
Financial aid is available on a sliding scale via the online registration. For more information, you can see our FAQs at the bottom of our registration page or reach out to us at email@example.com or 503.318.5212.
Love & Sparkles,
The GOTR PDX Staff
- Monday, January 27th—No School—Grading Day
- Friday, January 31st—Report Cards Accessible in ParentVUE
- Friday, January 31st—LOST AND FOUND UNCLAIMED ITEMS DONATED (end of each month)—Please write your child's name on the tag of their clothing and we will be sure to get it back to them.
- Monday, February 10th—Art Literacy Training @ 10 am
- Monday, February 10th—PTO Meeting 6:30 pm
- Thursday, February 13th—K/1 Music Program—Giraffes Can't Dance 6:00-6:30 pm
- Friday, February 14th—PTO Popcorn Friday (all students receive a bag of popcorn)
- Monday, February 17th—No School—Presidents' Day Holiday
- Tuesday, February 18th—No School for Students—Staff Development Day
- Thursday, February 20th—PTO Dining for Dollars @ Red Robin (TV HWY/Sunset Esplanade)
- Friday, February 21st—Principal's Coffee and Chat 8:35 am in Multipurpose Conference Room (our all school assembly is at 9:30 am and the section of bleachers closest to the gym entrance doors is reserved for guests).
- Friday, February 28th—LOST AND FOUND UNCLAIMED ITEMS DONATED (end of each month)—Please write your child's name on the tag of their clothing and we will be sure to get it back to them.
- March 2nd-6th—Read Across America Week
- Sunday, March 8th—Daylight Savings—Spring Forward
- Monday, March 9th—PTO Meeting 6:30 pm
- Friday, March 13th—PTO Popcorn Friday
- Thursday, March 19th—Hazeldale Trailblazer Night (vs. Dallas Mavericks)
- Friday, March 20th—Principal's Coffee and Chat 8:35 am in Multipurpose Conference Room (our all school assembly is at 9:30 am and the section of bleachers closest to the gym entrance doors is reserved for guests).
- March 20th—PTO Read-A-Thon Kickoff (Officially begins March 30th)
- March 23-27 Spring Break—No School
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
Hazeldale’s Mission and Vision
Hazeldale Elementary School works to support and inspire every child to think, to learn, to care, and to engage with power and agency in a changing world.
We provide a learning environment and instruction that promotes engagement, academic excellence, self-confidence, independence, risk and resilience. We foster respect, an appreciation of self and others, and collaboration through inquiry, exploration, goal setting, and service.
Hazeldale Elementary School
The District prohibits discrimination and harassment based on any basis protected by law, including but not limited to, an individual's actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national or ethnic origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, familial status, economic status, veteran status, or because of a perceived or actual association with any other persons within these protected classes.