Shawnee Trail Elementary
January 18, 2015
Log In and Register
Sign up begins today, January 11, for the 21-Day Challenge!! The challenge inspires healthy snacking habits before, during and after the 21-Day challenge period. Join us in promoting healthy food choices by signing up and committing to trying the challenge!!
Your student will be provided a healthy snack recipe book, created by Frisco’s own culinary arts students. They will also be provided an information sheet and an I've Signed Up, Coach" form.
Spring Semester Watch D.O.G.S. Kick-OFf
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2016 @ 6:45
Dance With The Sweethearts! @ Centennial High School
Grit -perseverance and passion for long-term goals.
Educators are talking a lot about grit these days—and with good reason. Studies show that kids who demonstrate grit persist at hard tasks and outperform their competitors. Grit is a critical strength of most people who are successful. It is especially complex because it is related to other skills and mindsets such as optimism, purpose, growth mindset, bravery, and even self-control.
There are a lot of misconceptions about grit. Grit is much more than just encouraging kids to “try harder” or not give up—it’s also about helping kids find their passion. Having grit does not mean never quitting—it means quitting responsibly (and not just because times get tough) and sticking to the things to which you are truly dedicated.
Online Tools for Homework and Study Skills
- www.Quizlet.com – Students can create flashcards and study guides to review material online or on a mobile device. Created by high-school students in 2007, the site has more than 40 million study sets generated by users.
- www.Storybird.com – This site helps students create a story or poem or present material using a variety of illustrations.
- www.KhanAcademy.org – Brief tutorials on a wide array of topics and grade levels.
- https://www.hwtears.com/hwt/parents/parent-extras -Handwriting Without Tears (FISD adopted) aims to make legible and fluent handwriting a skill that students can master easily. The program is simple for parents to use at home. Downloads and PDFs of the curriculum overview, letter formation charts and teaching guidelines by grade level are included under the Parent Extras tab.
Monday, Jan. 11, 12 and 13
- First Grade CogAT Testing
Monday, Jan. 11
- 21 Challenge Registration Begins
Friday, January 15
Monday, Jan. 18
- No School (MLK Day/Holiday)
Tuesday, Jan. 19
- School Board Appreciation Day
- 4th & 5th Grade Choir Practice 2:50-3:30
Friday, Jan. 22
Monday, Jan 25
- 21 Day Challenge Begins