Sigler Elementary Thursday News
Kindergarten Round Up
To register your child for kindergarten in a Plano ISD school, please be sure that your child meets the following age requirements, and please bring the documents listed below to your child's school to register for kindergarten. If you are unsure which elementary campus your child will attend, you may access the school finder program on our website and enter your address to find out your home campus.
Kindergarten age requirements
- Children must be five years old on or before September 1 to be admitted to kindergarten.
- Follow this link for information about kindergarten placement for students turning six on or before September 1: Guidelines and Form
- Follow this link for information about kindergarten acceleration for students who are interested in testing for placement in first grade: Kindergarten Acceleration
Please bring to registration
- Original Birth Certificate (or certified copy with certificate number issued by the State)
- Immunization Records -
- Social Security Card for the child, if available
- Proof of Residency in Plano ISD (gas, electric bill or a lease)
- Parent's Drivers License
For more information about the kindergarten program, refer to the following links:
Summer School Opportunities...
Attention Families of Bilingual or ESL Students....
Tell Everyone It Is Your Child's Birthday! - Sign up on the form below
THE GREAT AMERICAN CAN ROUNDUP
SIGLER ELEMENTARY JOINS THE GREAT AMERICAN CAN ROUNDUP
Sigler Elementary has joined The Great American Can Roundup again this year to help fight litter, save valuable resources and conserve energy contributing to a sustainable future. The proceeds Sigler garners from recycling used aluminum cans will be used to fund various class projects and purchasing school supplies. Last year, Sigler earned 257 dollars and purchased two Sphero Robotic Balls. We came in second place in the state by collecting 600 lbs. of aluminum cans.
Sigler Elementary desires to be the top recycling school in Texas, win $1000 and with the donation of your cans it will increase the chance of our school winning.
Please consider donating your used, all-aluminum beverage cans or your receipts from your recycling center until April 22nd.
The Great American Can Roundup is sponsored by the Can Manufacturers Institute (CMI), which represents beverage can makers and suppliers to the industry and is committed to ensuring that all aluminum cans are recycled. The Great American Can Roundup initiative is in celebration of the 76th anniversary of the beverage can and to help schools like Sigler Elementary in their efforts to recycle cans for cash.
PISD Parent Portal
The Plano ISD Parent Portal is your key to staying connected and up-to-date on your child's progress. On Parent Portal, you can:
- View your child's grades and attendance
- Update your Emergency Form - phone numbers and emergency contacts
- Get a copy of your child's immunizations
Go to: www.pisd.edu
Click on: myPISD Parent Portal (on the right side of the screen under Popular Links)
You will need your email address and password you created at the Parent Information Fair.
Be a Volunteer
Please click here:Volunteer Application Form