Class of 2021 HSBP Update
Welcome to Senior Year!
Congratulations on getting your 12th grade year under way! We miss seeing you in the halls, so we decided the next best thing is to connect with you about High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP) updates through a newsletter. The HSBP is a graduation requirement that you have been updating throughout high school career. You have just a few tasks left to complete your portfolio: writing a Resume, identification of a student’s Post Secondary Plans, Graduation Pathway, Career Goal, and Educational Goal.
Just a Reminder of the Required Elements of your HSBP!
- Identification of your career goals using career interest inventories.
- Identification of your educational goals.
- A four-year course plan with an individualized personalized pathway that fulfills graduation requirements and aligns with your career and educational goals, with information about academic acceleration (RCW 28A.320.195), dual credit courses, Career and Technical Education programs, and graduation pathway options.
- By the end of 12th grade, a current résumé.
- If you have not met standard on your state assessment, this plan must include interventions and academic supports, additional courses, or both that will enable you to meet the high school graduation requirements.
- Identification of your "Pathway to Graduation" and "Post Secondary Plan"
- Evidence that student has received information on federal and state financial aid programs.