SY20 TCES Family Issue #2: 9.9.19
Our school halls and classrooms are happy again! Our staff and students have had an amazing first five days together. This school year truly is going to be the best year ever.
If you're looking for some new ways to talk to your child about the first week of school, consider one of these conversation starters:
- Tell me something you know today that you didn't know yesterday.
- If you could change one thing about today, what would it be?
- What was the hardest rule to follow today? the easiest?
- Did your teacher read a story to you today? What do you remember about it?
- What made you smile today?
Our students have the very best smiles!
Thursday, 9/19: Spirit Night at Checkers, 5:00-8:00pm
Thursday, 9/19: PTA Back to School Bingo @ 5:45 pm
Friday, 9/20: No School for Students (Professional Development)
Monday, 9/30: PTA Spirit Night @ Pot Belly & Sweet Frog
Tuesday, 10/1: Picture Day
Tuesday, 10/14: Parent/Teacher Conference Day (No School for Students)
Friday, 10/18: Two Hour Early Release
Click the calendar image to access the SMCPS Calendar.
Sent Home with Students Today:
Please access HAC and update your student's emergency information by this Friday, 9/13/19.
Receive brief text message reminders and important school updates! Text "Yes" to 67587.
Families may also apply for meal benefits on-line at our website: https://www.smcps.org/dss/food-services/meal-benefit-information
Please call the main office if you would like a hard copy of the application to be sent home with your student.
Please talk to your student(s) about our TCES Behavior Matrix. Can your child name three expectations that are the same at home as they are at school? Which expectations are different at home than they are at school?
Ask your student how they can earn TC Tickets at school!
- School Telephone: (301) 863-4044
- Email: Teacher Email Addresses
- Website: https://schools.smcps.org/tces/
- Twitter: @TCES_SMCPS
- School Messenger: phone, email, SMS (text messages)
- Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences
- Family Input Surveys
Please be sure that your phone number(s) and email addresses are up to date!
Town Creek Elementary
Follow us on Twitter!