The Westside Wonder
Westside Parent Newsletter
November 30, 2020
Westside teachers will meet the needs of each individual in a student-centered classroom by:
Encouraging a growth mindset
Maintaining high expectations through a hands-on, engaging rigorous curriculum for ALL students
Providing a safe, positive, and loving environment
Creating independent thinkers
- If you have any transportation changes, please make sure that you let Ms. Donna know by 2:40. This helps ensure that she has enough time to alert teachers of the changes
- Remember! The car rider line is a cell phone free zone!
- When you drop your children off in the morning please make sure you are pulling all the way up to the car in front of you! Since you are screening your children at home you may give us a thumbs up and then your child may exit the car. They do not have to wait for a staff member to open the door for them! Hopefully, this will speed up our drop off. Car rider drop if will begin at 7:25.
- Instruction begins at 7:40 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50, please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- 3-5 parents, your child is provided with 3 masks by the district! We are noticing that some bus riders are forgetting to bring their masks each day! Please remind your child to bring a mask for bus riders!
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor picnic area.
- Please head over to our website to sign up for E-Notes. This will allow you to receive the weekly parent newsletter by email.
- December 1-4th- ACT Aspire Interim II
- December 4th- Virtual Spelling Bee
- December 8th- Picture Makeup Day
- December 18th- Virtual Spirit Day
- December 21st- Virtual Awards Assembly
- December 21st- Christmas Parties (students only)
- December 22nd- Polar Express Day
- December 22nd- End of 2nd 9 weeks
- December 23rd-January 5th- Christmas Break
- February 15th- Blended Learning Day
Digital Angel Tree
Here is the information for our Digital Angel Tree!!
You must submit a form for every tag you select. You will receive an email with your selection. Tag Key: A - Shirt and Pants, B - Shoes, C - Coat or Hoodie, D - Wish Gift Each item will have the tag number, the child's gender and age, and then the child's request or sizes. All items need to be wrapped, labeled with the tag number, and returned to WES no later than Friday, December 11, 2020. Thank you for helping our students in need!
Important Note from Coach May
Any student not riding their regular bus must have a note that is signed by the office. We have several students each day that we are having to try and call parents to make sure they are going to the right place.
A Note from Nurse Gina
District Point of Contact
4th Grade TAG Community Service Project
We hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday. We sure missed your babies. Mrs Page will see grades 3-5 this week. We will continue our unit on careers. We will get to research different careers your child may be interested in. It is going to be lots of fun!
As November comes to an end, let’s remind our kids about the importance of empathy!
Word of the Month
Subs are Needed!
Assistant Principal: Caroline Baker
Counselor: Cassie Page
Secretary: Donna Bradke