Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
September 16, 2018
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
The district has extended the window to fill out emergency cards by 2 more weeks. Students whose emergency cards aren't on file will be unable to use our school computers, as part of the emergency form is the acceptance of the internet use policy. Folks whose forms we are missing should have received a stapled packet (blue & white paper) last week with your login information and directions attached. Please take care of this task ASAP and let us know if you need help! Most important, please help us ensure we know who to contact in case of an emergency!
We are working hard to ensure drop off in the morning is as quick and safe as it can be. To help us out, we ask that you pull ALL THE WAY forward in the drop off lane. We have many leadership ambassadors greeters who are helping with drop off each morning. Our greeters are happy to escort your young Colts from your car to the black gate so that you can drop and go with confidence that your kiddo made it into campus okay! If you aren't comfortable having our older Colts support your younger student(s), we invite you to park your vehicle in a marked spot or along unpainted sidewalk and walk your student to the front of the school.
However you connect with our campus, we love it and appreciate you!
Developing a Growth Mindset
- 4 min video that introduces the growth mindset concept
- 3 min video that considers the difference between effort and achievement
- 3 min video from Khan Academy about how your brain is like a muscle
- 2 min video from Senstis about the plasticity of our neurons
- relatively short read from Education Week about Dr. Dweck' work and why it matters in schools
- this website sells products (we aren't promoting those!) but they also have some great information about developing a growth mindset at school and at home
Support our School Safety Initiatives
Families are always welcome to join their child before school, at recess and at lunchtime. Three things to keep in mind:
- Please be sure to sign in at the front office if you'd like to accompany your child past the gate in the morning!
- Please do NOT hang out along the playground fences before school or at recesses. Instead, please stop in the office to get a visitors badge and come on in to campus! We welcome you here, but we can't be sure if folks are friends or foe when they are at the fences. The safety of our children is our #1 priority - please partner with us!
- If you would like to volunteer in the classroom, be sure to check in with your child's teacher to plan the dates/times, and check in with our office team to ensure you have a current TB test on file.
BIG thanks to our PTC for providing us with the funds to make an important adjustment to Mrs. Soha's desk. When the project is complete (hopefully this fall!), Mrs. Soha will be able to see folks entering the front door and they'll be able to see her too!
- now- Fri., 9/21: PTC Believe Fundraiser
- Mon., 9/17: Early Release Day
- Mon., 9/17, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 9/17, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCES Choir Rehearsal
- Fri., 9/21: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Fri., 9/21: all Believe Fundraiser Orders are due
- Fri., 9/21, 1:30-3 pm: Musical Theater audition call backs
- Mon., 9/24: Early Release Day
- Mon., 9/24, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 9/24, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCES Choir Rehearsal
- Fri., 9/28: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Fri., 9/28, 2-2:40 pm: Musical Theater rehearsal
- Mon., 10/1: Early Release Day
- Mon., 10/1, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 10/1, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCES Choir Rehearsal
- Tues., 10/2, 5-6 pm: PTC Meeting in the Library; child care provided
- Fri., 10/5 - Mon., 10/8: No School; school resumes on Tuesday, 10/9
- Fri., 10/12: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Fri., 10/12, 2-2:40 pm: Musical Theater rehearsal
Visit our website for the most updated schedules for our Leadership Ambassador Program, including the greeter schedule! You can also find information about our leadership program here: http://lces.wpusd.org/subsites/music/index.html
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.
Click to view a map that identifies appropriate drop off/pick up areas and parking areas. It is much less congested between between 7:50-8:00 am and again between 2:50-3 pm. Supervision is provided at 7:55 am and until 3 pm (2 on ER days).
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!