RWS: Practice for Final
1st: Friday 6/7...2nd: Monday, 6/10...7th: Thursday, 6/6
For your final you will:
- find a text online and paste it into your smore
- create two column notes for the text you found
- write six questions (2 from each of the following: understanding, interpretation, evaluation) in your smore
- answer your six questions in your smore
- take a picture of your two column notes and insert it into your smore
- submit the link to your smore to Mrs. McNulty electronicallys
Complete each of the following steps to familiarize yourself with how to use smore.com.
Here is an EXAMPLE I created to help you if you get stuck. Please don't steal my questions. :)
Step 1 - Create a Smore Account
Step 2 - Begin Your Flier
Create a new text box in Smore
- Open a new browser window and search, "How to Train a Dog" from Animal Planet
- Copy and paste the first page of the article into your smore
- Insert the following reference into your smore below your article:
Fortney, William. "How to Train a Dog." Animal Planet. Discovery Communications, Web. 29 May 2013. <http://animal.discovery.com/pets/how-to-train-a-dog.htm>.
Step 3 - Annotate
- On your own notebook paper, create two column notes for the first page of the article
- Be sure to show questions (?), important details (check mark), and interesting details (!) and include notes
Step 4 - Write Questions
Create a new text box in Smore (title this box "Questions") and write six questions:
- two understanding questions
- two interpretation questions
- two evaluation questions
Step 5 - Answer Questions
Step 6 - Insert a Pic of You Annotations
- Take a picture of your annotations with your iPad.
- Create a new text box in Smore (title this box "Annotations")
- Tap the arrow at the edge of the box to show the picture area.
- Tap on the picture and insert the photo you just took.
- Be sure to create title for the section
Step 7 - Done Editing and Turn In
- On the upper right hand there is a box that says "Done Editing". Tap on this box.
- It will then "publish" your Smore.
- On the right side navigation, there is a "Link" box.
- Tap the button next to the link to copy it.
- Use the link below to submit your name and your link. Once this is done, you can continue working on and updating your Smore.