Message from Mission Control
* 5th Grade Math/Reading STAAR scores were amazing!! Shout out to the 5th grade team and all of the specialists and former teachers who have worked to ensure these kiddos are successful. It definitely takes a village. Math scored 90% and Reading was 88%! We are expecting those scores to go up even higher after our next round of testing is complete.
* Make sure to get Tammie a copy of ISIP, DRA, Estar/Mstar, and Aimsweb results for your At Risk students. As the windows start to close, please make sure to get this information turned into her ASAP.
* The end of the year IS HERE, and with that means wrapping up everything we have worked on throughout the year. STAAR is NEXT week, and after that, the countdown really begins. Please make sure to read everything in this newsletter, so that you will know what all you need to prepare for the end of the year.
* End of the Year checkout forms will be sent out next week after testing is complete. Before I give out the forms, there are a few things that you need to start working on to prepare:
- Several people have items "stored" in vacant classrooms. If you have materials in a classroom other than your own, those items need to be moved before you check out. If items are left in a classroom that is not occupied, it is likely those items will be donated and/or given away before next year. I know of several classrooms being used as "storage for overflow", and we need to make sure to clean up. If items are stored in another room, that means you aren't using them, so please do some spring cleaning and take care of these before you check out.
- Part of the checkout process will be making sure your profile is up to date in Eduphoria. This is something you can do beforehand to make sure it's correct. Please log in and ensure that you have only one campus checked, and that your grade level/content area is correct.
- I will schedule end of the year CARE team meetings for each grade level, and all RtI documents for students should be brought to that meeting, so that we have the needed material for next school year.
- Please communicate with your team lead about ideas/questions/concerns for next school year, so she can communicate that in our end of the year planning meeting.
- Make sure you have signed up for your June/August PD, as you will need to be signed up before you check out for the year.
* This week is busy for Kg and 1st graders! Thursday is their program, which will begin at 6:00 pm. Please make sure each grade level has a representative at the performance/PTA program this Thursday. It's also KG/1st grade field day on Friday morning! Feel free to take your students outside to watch the kiddos compete, if your schedule allows.
* We will also have a STAAR pep rally THIS Friday, May 11th. The pep rally will begin at 1:45. Younger grades are encouraged to make posters, signs, etc. to cheer on and pump up the 3rd-5th graders. We will have a visit from STAARMan, the CTHS drumline, Saginaw gymnastics team, and much more! We want to send the 3rd-5th graders into their weekend excited and ready to ROCK the STAAR test on Monday!
* We will have a staff meeting today focusing on behavior intervention and strategies. Sally Christian, behavior specialist, will be there to present to the staff about BIPS, behavioral processes, and answer questions you may have. All staff will need to attend (paras included), as this information will pertain to everyone.
* Here is the schedule for this week! We hope you enjoy the week and love all of the snacks/food that will be provided.
Monday: Breakfast (PTA)
Tuesday: Pizza for Lunch
Wednesday: Lunch from Chick Fil A (PTA)
Thursday: Pancake Breakfast (cooked by Bobby and Kori)
Kona Ice Truck (PTA)
Friday: El Sombrero lunch
Popcorn, candy, and various treats during the day will also be provided. :)
* I am going to schedule an end of the year staff meeting for Tuesday, May 29th. At this staff meeting, I will be asking for feedback/ideas for training for the beginning of the year in August. This will be something I can take into consideration while planning our learning for the start of the year. Please plan to attend this meeting on Tuesday 5/29.
* Training for the Promethean Boards will take place on Wednesday, August 15th. We will have members from Instructional Technology on campus, and they will conduct an in-depth training on how to use the boards.
DATES TO REMEMBER
Teacher Appreciation Week
Thursday, May 10th:
Macie Kerbs here for EOY writing collection (during conferences)
Kinder/1st Grade Program at 6:00
Friday, May 11th:
K-1 Field Day (AM)
STAAR Pep Rally @ 1:45
No specials today (so no need to follow club schedule)
STAAR Testing- Campus closed to Visitors
Monday: 3rd/4th Math, 5th Retest
Tuesday: 3rd/4th Reading, 5th Retest
Wednesday: 5th Grade Science
Friday, May 18th:
Nacho Bar in the Lounge (sponsored by Sunshine Committee)
Clubs Today (last one of the year)
Monday, May 21st:
End of the Year Planning Meeting (team leads, specialists)
Tuesday, May 22nd:
Hoofbeats trip to NRH2O
Tuesday, May 22nd:
LiiNK training for 3rd grade and Tracy W. & Kim R.
Boswell graduates will walk the halls in caps/gowns @ 1:45
Thursday, May 24th:
2nd-5th Field Day
Friday, May 25th:
No School (Bad Weather Day)
Monday, May 28th:
No School (Memorial Day)
Tuesday, May 29th:
5th Grade Awards @ 8:00 am
4th Grade Awards @ 9:00 am
3rd Grade Awards @ 10:00 am
Talent Show @ 12:00 pm
End of Year Staff Meeting @ 3:00
Wednesday, May 30th:
KG Awards @8:00 am
1st Grade Awards @ 9:00 am
2nd Grade Awards @ 10:00 am
5th Grade Field Trip to AT&T Stadium
Thursday, May 31st:
Last Day- Early Release @ 11:40 am
Babe's will be catered for lunch! Enjoy!!
Friday, June 1st:
Staff Work Day= All teachers/staff must turn in completed check out sheets before leaving