Week of September 20, 2021
Vision Statement: Every student will engage in a rigorous and integrative health science curriculum guiding them to make innovative 21st century contributions.
Mission Statement: In order to prepare students for the careers of tomorrow, we will provide them with engaging health science experiences through cooperative learning and technological integration.
Core Values: Community, Accountability, Respect, Empathy
Special Thanks to the Apache Corporation
We were very fortunate to have over 20 volunteers from the Apache Corporation working on our gardens this past Saturday. They created 4 new garden beds with the help of A. Ramirez and cleared out all the unwanted weeds with Ms. Harris in our butterfly garden and established several new garden beds. They have also donated over $400 of materials purchased off Amazon as well as $200.00 on Amazon gift cards so that we can continue to meet other needs of our gardens. Thank you to all those that were involved in making our campus gardens a success.
TEA Beginning-of-the-year Assessments
Monday, September 20, 2021
Grades 6-8 Math
Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Grades 6-8 Reading
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Grade 6 Science
Grade 8 Writing
*7th Grade Regular B Day Schedule
The BOY assessments have been built using released STAAR test questions. The BOY assessments is designed to diagnose understanding of the TEKS from the previous school year. Therefore, students will be tested based on their prior year enrolled grade level . The assessment will take approximately 3.5 hours. The test will be 100% online and students will test out of their homeroom class.
This assessment will not count as a grade. It will just be used as a benchmark to see our scholars readiness level. Please be sure that you remind your child to charge their laptop fully the night before, get a good nights rest and try their best.
Annual Virtual Title 1 Meeting
Thursday, Sep. 23rd, 5-6pm
This is an online event.
Athletics Code of Conduct
- Being an athlete at BCM BAR is a privilege and not a right
- Behavior on and off the field/court should be exemplary as well as in the classroom.
- Students with behavior issues will not be allowed to participate.
- I will follow classroom rules for the laptop set up by my classroom teacher.
- I will be on-task in class and am aware of the off-task consequences.
- First offense: Verbal warning
- Second offense: Description of issue (with screenshot if possible) to be sent home and CC teacher
- Third offense: Loss of device for class; individual alternate assignment
- Persistent offenses: Office referral
- I will bring a fully-charged laptop to school every day.
- I will handle my laptop carefully and respectfully.
- I will not leave the laptop unattended.
- I will not loan my laptop to another individual without teacher permission.
- I will keep food and beverages away from my laptop.
- I will keep my passwords private.
- I will not take unauthorized or inappropriate photos/videos.
- I understand that my laptop is the property of Houston ISD and can be inspected at any time without notice.
- I understand that I should back up content on my laptop to Google Drive or OneDrive in order to avoid losing my work.
- I will connect to the appropriate network while at school,and will connect to my home network at home. If I need any assistance connecting, I will contact Mr. Rodriguez as soon as possible.
- I will report loss, theft, or damage immediately
What is HISD Connect?
Use: Users can also choose to have an e-mail or text message sent if a child's grades drop below a selected average or is absent or tardy to class.
Information that PSC provides access to includes:
● Period and Daily Attendance
● Class Schedules and Assignments
● Progress Reports
● Report Cards
● Parent and Student Resources
Where to get support:
HISD Connect Parent Portal: A Complete Guide
Student Incident Report
Join by student Last Name:
Please visit our school website at houston isd.org/ruskschool for the most up-to-date information.
Please follow us on our social media pages:
Facebook: BCM Biotech Academy at Rusk
Facebook Parent Group: Eagles Parents of BCM Biotech at Rusk