The Paw Print
22-23 Volume 13 December 21, 2022
A Note from the Principals
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
Mrs. Erenstoft and Mrs. Sicoli
As a reminder, the car loop gates close at 8:15. If they are closed, please drive your student to the front office and sign them in. Students should never be dropped off in the car loop once the gate is closed. There is no monitored entry on that side of the building, therefore it is a safety issue leaving students after the gate is closed.
Brevard Public Schools is committed to serving every student with excellence as the standard. In order to do this, every voice must be heard. Our student voices are a critical part of this process. In January, BPS students in grades 3-12 will have the opportunity to provide feedback on their school experience via the Youth Truth Survey. All information shared is anonymous. Each school leadership team will be given a report with the results from the survey in the spring. The information gathered will be used to plan for subsequent school years and to improve the experience of every child. We encourage all parents to view the survey on the BPS website. Click HERE to access it. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the survey, please reach out directly to Mrs. Erenstoft at 321-773-2818 or Erenstoft.Kassie@Brevardschools.org.
Food on Campus
For the safety of all students, please remember that glass containers/bottles are no allowed on campus. And, students should only have water in classrooms. Energy drinks are not allowed at school.
December 22 - January 4 - Winter Break - Surfside Closed
January 5 - Students Return
January 6 - Full School Day (No Longer Early Release)
January 10 - 11 - K-2 FAST Testing
January 17 - 18 - 3-6 FAST Testing
January 12 - Beginning of 2nd Semester
February 20 - Regular School Day - Hurricane Makeup Day
April 24 - Regular School Day - Hurricane Makeup Day
Lori Laine Trunkline Replacement Project
More and more students are coming to school with smart watches. Watches that take photos/videos, text and make phone calls should also be powered down and stored away in backpacks. These would be considered a cell phone and a contract should be completed for these as well.
Anyone not adhering to the procedures will be asked not to bring technology to school, and disciplinary action may be taken. Thank you for your support with this.
Breakfast and Lunch
If your child will be buying lunch, please make sure they have money in their account by visiting www.MyPaymentsPlus.com. You will need your child’s student ID in order to sign up for an account. If you need this, you can find it in FOCUS.
No Glass on Campus
Parent Lunches on Campus
Beginning in January, we will no longer be limiting how many parents can come to lunch by classroom. Instead, we will open 50 spots each Friday. We still ask that you sign up, as this allows us to preprint yellow stickers. Due to space constraints, we do ask that you continue to bring camping chairs, picnic blankets etc. We have loved having families on campus for lunch and hope see many more second semester.
- Include your child's name in the comment section when you sign up. This will help our team locate your in the volunteer system prior to arriving.
- Parents need to bring a camping chair or blanket for the picnic-style lunch.
- Parents must be on time for their child’s scheduled lunch time.
- Parents must communicate with their child’s teacher that they will be coming to lunch on that day.
- Parents must sign in at the front office with a valid license and their child will meet them in the designated lunch space at the beginning of the lunch period.
- Parents will be escorted to the lunch location and supervised if they are not a registered volunteer. Registered volunteers do not need to be escorted or supervised during their lunch.
- Parents may only have lunch with their child.
- Please be mindful of time; your child will need to report back to the cafeteria before the end of their lunch period to line up with their class. Parents will sign out in the front office.
Parent Volunteers - Don't wait!
Please use the link below on how to register as a school volunteer. This process is required for volunteering on campus, in the classroom, for special events, and for field trips. Additional information will be posted on this site.
If you are volunteering on campus, you MUST have a prior appointment set up with your child's teacher. This process can take a few weeks, so please plan accordingly.
Want to get involved but don't know how? Email SurfsideElementary@Brevardschools.org. We would love to help you find a way to serve at Surfside.
Interested in Being a Business Partner?
Surfside Elementary School
Surfside Elementary School provides a safe and positive environment where high quality education occurs for all students.