How to train a dog
How to train a dog:
Among the many important responsibilities dog owners have, training a dog is among the most important. Well-trained pets are easier to care for and love, cause less damage to your home (and theirs), and live happier lives. In this article, we cover many of the basics of dog training. But we also cover some important facets of dogs themselves -- which you need to be familiar with in order to communicate with your pooch.These include how dogs communicate to you through body language and noises. Dogs send myriad messages with their bodies and their voices -- this is one reason why they're so fascinating and beloved. The more you understand their messages, the more you understand them and how your own messages are being understood. Read this entire article carefully -- there are three sections after this one -- and then put the wisdom into practice. Here's what we'll cover:
Dogs use their entire body to communicate. Their eyes and ears are especially dynamic, and they give sure-fire clues to dogs' emotions and impulses. How dogs tilt their heads, move their legs and torsos, wag (or raise or drop) their tails -- all these things contribute to the messages being sent. In this section, we cover many of the silent messages your pooch will give you, from his nose to his tail.
Dogs are probably the most "verbally" expressive of all domesticated animals, and this only adds to their charm. From the whine of a puppy to the angry growl of an adult, dogs mean what they say. The more you understand these signals, the happier you and your dog will be. At the same time, it's important to know which noises constitute an annoyance, and how to train your dog to stop making them. We'll offer suggestions on teaching a dog to stop barking in this section.
It's important to know not only how to train a dog, but what to train it to do. Puppies have no sense of correct behavior, so they offer a million things you could correct; which should you address? In this section, we'll cover what to correct as well as how to train a pooch. We'll also discuss dog obediences classes -- also known as puppy kindergarten -- and specific thing you can teach your dog if you plan on traveling with it. Life tosses up myriad challenges to a dog's sense of obedience, and the more he's trained to understand, the happier you both will be. Finally, for fun and practical benefit, we'll cover a few basic tricks you can teach your dog. They're a wonderful way to bond with your pet and to entertain the both of you, while teaching it how to behave and react to your commands. Everybody wins! Fortney, William. "How to Train a Dog." Animal Planet. Discovery Communications, Web. 29 May 2013. <http://animal.discovery.com/pets/how-to-train-a-dog.htm
Understanding1.What is the main idea of the article?
2.Explain how dogs express themselves.
1. What explanation do you have for dogs expressing their emotions through their actions?
2. Why do you think training a dog when their young is important?
1. What is the authors purpose in the article?
2. What does the author think about dog training?
Understanding1. The main idea of the article is dog training the author gives you some tips on training and how dogs express themselves.
2. Dogs express themselves through different body actions, like wagging their tail,barking, growling and moving their body.
1. I think they express emotions through their actions because they can't talk
2. I think training a dog when their Young is important because they learn faster and easier when they are young.
1. The authors purpose is to show how important it is to train your dog and the author gives basic training tips.
2. The author thinks dog training is good, because he gives you tips to train your dog.