Chapter 11 Polynomials
Important info for this chapter.
Vocabulary- Unit 1
- Degree of a Polynomial- Highest power
- Term of a Polynomial- Each group of multiplied numbers and variables is a term
- Standard Form- Written from highest to lowest
- Coefficients of a Polynomial- # in front of variable
- Leading Coefficient- # in front of variable with the highest power
- Constant term, constant- # at end, no variable
Extended Distributive Property..... Super Distributing!I found that using the box method works best for me.
Degree of a polynomial in several variables: when a Polynomial in one variable is added to or multiplied by a polynomial in another variable, the degree is the largest sum of the exponents of the variables in any term.
Factored form of a polynomial
Greatest common monomial factor
Sometimes they don't factor
Learning to Find Zeros (roots)
Go to the left of the zero then to the right then guess