RES Staff Update
May 28-June 1, 2018
End-of-Year Rocket Register
Tuesday, May 29-Cy-Woods Senior Walk at Robison (approximately 10:00 am). More information in the end-of-year checklist.
Wednesday, May 30- Yearbook signing. Kinder and 1st will sign in their classrooms. 2nd-5th will sign at an agreed upon time with their entire grade level. Check with other teams to make sure there is not an overlap with recess or other grade levels. Students should go outside to sign yearbooks due to the noise level.
Reminders for Last Day
- Students should take all of their leftover school supplies home. If they choose to donate supplies, that is fine, but please send home unused supplies. They are not ours to keep. On the last day, they are allowed to bring a lunch kit, but they should not need their backpack.
- Report cards may not be sent home before Friday, and there are typically flyers to go home with all students. We will print a school supply list to go home with every child. Please place this in the report card cover. If a student lost their report card cover, just use a white envelope. We do not replace the covers if they are lost.
- If a student is absent on Friday, please gather all of their belongings (report card and anything else that they left), bundle it together, and use a large white piece of paper to label the items with the child's name and grade. This will help us locate the items more easily if a parent comes to pick it up.
- You will need to inventory your technology items BEFORE you leave on Friday. Please follow Christi's directions in the technology Google slide presentation. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/19tzyYZcr61JAKmTgBnHU1vFBQQ3GK9JKtD_qgqkaMJc/edit?usp=sharing
- All items should be out of your cabinets, and your cabinets should be wiped clean, BEFORE 8:15 am on Monday, June 4. We will all meet in the cafeteria on Friday morning at 8:15 am for a short breakfast and end-of-year meeting. Breakfast will be Chick-Fil-A sandwiches.
Crayola Color Recycle Program
Thank you, Christi!!
End of Year Parties
Please, please, please read this information thoroughly. We count on you to help in the process of a smooth party day. Thank you!
Attendance Incentive Drawing for Second Semester
Congratulations to Christi Moran for being chosen to participate in the Aspiring Administrators Institute (AAI). This program will also consist of after-school training sessions throughout next school year.
I'm proud of each of these ladies for their commitment to growing as leaders!
Thank you to Julie Carter for all of her hard work with printing awards, name tags, and report cards--all in such a short time span!
Thank you to everyone for taking the time to check the end-of-year checklist and making sure everything is done on time. We know there's a lot to be done in such little time.
Thank you to our 5th-grade teachers for helping to make 5th Grade Celebration Day a success. The students had a great time at their talent show, and an amazing time at their party!
Thank you to everyone for making our last e-track a success! I know it was fast and furious, but I think the kids really enjoyed this special time.
Thank you to our calendar committee for working late last week to plan our special events for next year. They can certainly share what we discussed, but know that it is not complete and it is considered a draft until I have all dates from the district (counselor meetings and librarian meetings have not been received). I also need to add committee meetings once I have those dates.
August Professional Development
CTE for 2018-2019
In order to earn your CTE day for next year, please be sure you read below.
All grades, except 2nd, will be reading Kids Deserve It. Please read this book PRIOR to your return in August. We will hear Adam Welcome in August, and your first reflection on the book will be due in August. The questions will be sent through Google Classroom.
The second-grade team will be reading Blended Learning in Action. If you would like to choose this book instead of Kids Deserve It, you are welcome to do so. Teachers reading this book will have questions on Google classroom related to this book.
Links to both books are below:
Both books are available electronically for a few less dollars than the paperback editions. I do have a few copies of Kids Deserve It that may be borrowed--first come, first serve.
These will be easy, but enjoyable reads for everyone! The reflection questions will give everyone a chance to interact and share their learning. The best part of this is that you can do this from home, and we do not have to find a date when everyone can attend.
CTE will be your 3 hours of the CFISD Compliance Training completed off contract, and participating in 4 additional hours for back-to-school events, such as Meet the Teacher (2 events--kindergarten and 1st-5th).
Professional Development Opportunities
Some of you are familiar with Seesaw, the app that teachers can use to digitally store student work. Here is a link to the app if you are not familiar: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/seesaw-the-learning-journal/id930565184?mt=8
If you haven't considered being a Seesaw ambassador, check this out: https://app.seesaw.me/#/ambassadors/apply
Being an ambassador allows you to use the premium features for free and affords you the opportunity to collaborate with other ambassadors.
Here is the link to the hub: https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/Njk2MzE4MDE5Nlpa/p/NzAyNjg1MzMzN1pa/details