January 12, 2010
- In January 12, 2010 Haiti had the worst catastrophe of their lives.
- A 7.0 Mw earthquake had hit killing more than 230,000 people.
- 3,500,000 people where affected, over 188,383 houses were badly damaged and 105,000 were destroyed by the earthquake.
- 1.5m people became homeless.
- 4,000 schools were damaged or destroyed.
U.S Government Response
20,000 US civil and military were deployed to carry out activities ranging from search and rescue operations.
- restoring air and sea ports
- health and medical service
- food, water and shelter
The United Sates had evacuated 21,000 U.S Citizens
Search and Rescue
- U.S Urban search and rescue teams from fairfax county, Los Angeles, Miami, Virginia and New York were deployed and with rescue teams from other countries, pulled a total of 136 survivors from the rubble.
- The coast guard transported 696 urban search and rescue.
Airports and ports
- US Air Force repaired airports and ports.
*was doing nothing about it people were getting mad.
*asked the U.S. For help on food water and medical service.