WILDCAT WEEKLY

September 30 - October 4, 2019

DATES TO KNOW IN SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER

9/30 – 8th Grade Volleyball vs Jeannette @ 4:00 pm (Home)

9/30 – 7th Grade Volleyball vs Jeannette @ 5:00 pm (Home)

10/1 – 7th Grade Football vs Iroquois @ 3:30 pm (Away)

10/1 – 8th Grade Football vs Iroquois @ 5:00 pm (Away)

10/2 – 8th Grade Volleyball vs Heritage @ 4:00 pm (Away)

10/2 – 7th Grade Volleyball vs Heritage @ 5:00 pm (Away)


UPCOMING DATES FOR OCTOBER 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR

10/6 – Band A Rama- All Band Voluntary @ Utica 6-8:30 pm

10/7 – 8th Grade Volleyball vs Bemis @ 4:00 pm (away)

10/7 – 7th Grade Volleyball vs Bemis @ 5:00 pm (Away)

10/8 – 7th Grade Volleyball vs Jeannette @ 4:00 pm (Home)

10/8 – 8th Grade Volleyball vs Jeannette @ 5:00 pm (Home)

10/8 – 7th Grade Football vs Bemis @ 4:00 pm (Away)

10/8 – 8th Grade Football vs Bemis @ 4:00 pm (Home)

COUNT DAY - OCTOBER 2

Wednesday, October 2 is “Count Day” for Michigan school districts. Count day is held twice every year and is the basis to determine the enrollment number that is used for state funding. The October date represents 90 percent of our school funding. The second day, which will be February 12, accounts for the remaining 10 percent.


Attendance for Utica Community Schools students is important every day, and the district’s average daily rate continues to be approximately 95 percent. As always, we encourage families to stress the important of attendance and ensuring students are on time and ready for another great day of learning.

Parent Sounding Board Meetings

The Shelby Junior High Parent Sounding Board Meetings will be held on the following dates at 9:30 a.m. All Wildcat parents are welcome to join our administrative team as we discuss school/community issues.

October 3

November 21

January 9

February 13

March 12

April 23

May 28

Big picture