CSforALL: SCRIPT Training
Creating a Plan for Computer Science Instruction GrK-12
CSforALL is a hub for the national Computer Science for All movement, which works to enable all students in grades K-12 to achieve computer science literacy as an integral part of their educational experience. The Southern Indiana Education Center is pleased to share an opportunity for your district team to begin the development of a plan to implement computer science within your curriculum. In March 2018, SEA 172 was signed into law requiring that:
- After June 30, 2021, each public high school, including each charter school, shall offer at least one (1) computer science course as a one (1) semester elective in the public high school’s curriculum at least once each school year for high school students.
- After June 30, 2021, each public school, including each charter school, shall include computer science in the public school’s curriculum for students in kindergarten through grade 12.
With this in mind, the Education Service Centers of Indiana have joined together to provide CSforALL:SCRIPT Training around the state. DeAnne Taggart, SIEC Director of Professional Learning, is trained and ready to share a full day of planning, goal development, collaboration, and action steps.
Goals for the day include:
- Provide each school district with support to create customized 3-month, 6-month, and long-term goals for computer science implementation
- Discuss and utilize the following components of SCRIPT: Leadership, Teacher Capacity & Development, Materials and Curricular Selection & Content Refinement, Partners, and Community.
- Provide time to explore free resources and support in developing a computer science curriculum.
Wednesday, Jan. 9th 2019 at 9am-3pm
Southern Indiana Education Center 1102 Tree Lane Drive, Jasper (47546)
*A catered lunch is included in the cost for this workshop day.
*A Professional Growth Certificate worth 6 points will be provided.
*Workshop fee is $50 per participant for ESC members. ($75 for non-members) It is highly recommended that a district team attend: district office (1), building leaders (2), teachers (2+). Planning and collaboration to create realistic goals is essential to this session.
*Participants should bring a laptop to access online resources.
*This workshop is a repeat from September 21, 2018.
*See below to complete the embedded registration form.