By: Marissa Schroder and Kate Freakley
Pompeii - Bastille (Audien Remix) by E.D.M RECORDS
How many parts?
* This is the fourth single from Bastille's debut album, Bad Blood which references the Roman city of Pompeii that was destroyed by a volcano in 79AD.
* The song is called Pompeii because Dan Smith told The Daily Telegraph that he was imagining what the dead inhabits might have to say to one another.
* Dan Smith was not a professional musician when he wrote this song- he was a bartender and a student of English Literature.
* Smith wrote the song in 2010 on a laptop in his bedroom after reading about the eruption of Mount Vesuvius.
Why the Pieces are Contrasting
- Sung by one person
- Original song
- A modern song
Don't Stop Believin':
- Sung by a group of people
- Cover song
- An older song