August 19, 2022
2022-2023 School Year
It is hard to believe that the 2022-2023 school year is less than a week away. You should expect 1-2 newsletters a month that will have valuable information for you and your student.
Things to Know
We are gathering information through a quick google form below, with the goal of supporting our students, teachers and administrators for the upcoming school year. Please provide your email address for communications directly from the Bobcat Virtual PTO leadership. Also, if you are interested in participating in event planning, fundraisers, and/or leadership of the PTO group for the schoolyear. We are looking forward to hearing from everyone. Thank you!
Bobcat Virtual Learning Lab
Our BVL Lab is located in the Grand Blanc High School WEST Campus. The address is 1 Jewett Trail, Grand Blanc, MI 48439.
Unless otherwise stated, all in-person meetings will take place in our newly renovated BVL Lab.
Please plan on attending your students open house. This will give you the opportunity to receive valuable information, ask questions, meet teachers, and pick up your Chromebook if needed.
Open House Schedule:
- Monday, August 22, 6:00-7:00pm - Grades 6-12
- Tuesday, August 23, 6:00-7:00pm - Grades K-5
Thank you for your patience as we create schedules for your students. At this time, we have students moving back and forth regularly, and we want to make sure that we have enough teachers in place.
You can view your tentative schedule on StudentVUE/ParentVUE, but keep in mind that the teacher may change. Make sure that you switch your focus to Bobcat Virtual Learning for the 21-22 school year.
Chromebooks for New Students
If you are a brand new student to Grand Blanc Community Schools, their Chromebook will be available for pickup during Open House. If you would prefer not to attend Open House, you can schedule an appointment to pick them up through the no-contact drive through at our Technology office, beginning on August 22nd.
Who Can Help?
If you need something, please don't be afraid to reach out:
- Help Desk: Stacey Abram - 810-591-6391
- Counselor: Cortney Wood - 810-591-1634 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- High School Mentor: Elizabeth Hoffman - 810-591-6368 or email@example.com
- Coordinator: Kate White - 810-591-1658 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asst Director: Kevin Keilitz - 810-591-6375 or email@example.com
- Classroom teachers should all include information on how to contact them on their course. If you have course-related issues, please reach out to your teacher first. They will respond back within 24 hours (during the work week) and can usually clarify things quickly. You can also attend their office hours, which should be listed in their course.
If you would like to check that the courses listed in Canvas match your student's schedule, you can access it on StudentVUE/ParentVUE.. Make sure that you switch your focus to Bobcat Virtual Learning for the 21-22 school year.
Canvas is the system that houses all of our courses. Once you log in to this, your students will see their classes and be able to begin working.
Login Site: gennet.instructure.com -
Login Information: Pick the button that says "Login with Google." Do not manually enter your email and password.
Full-time BVL students should have the following number of tiles:
- Elementary: 6 tiles (homeroom, language arts, math, social studies, science, specials rotation)
- Secondary: 7 tiles (homeroom and six subjects)
If you have fewer or more than the number of tiles listed above, please contact your teacher, our counselor, or your assigned mentor (listed as the homeroom teacher) to get that fixed.
Please visit our Student Resources page for helpful Canvas navigation videos.