Weekly News & Notes - February 25th - March 1st
Upcoming Events . . .
February 25th - March 4th:
- Sixth-grade Assessment
- Ms. Gieseler - Feb. 25th - Feb 27
- Mrs. VanVreede - Feb. 26th - Feb. 28th
- Mrs. Meehan - Feb. 27th - March 1st
- Mrs. Williamson - Feb. 28th - March 4th
February 25th - April 15th:
- Young Rembrandts' Drawing Classes - Registration required
- Spotlight on the Arts:
- 1st grade 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- 2nd grade 7:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Kids Castle Town Hall Meeting - Lenape Middle School @ 7:00 PM
- 2nd Grade - National Pig Day Celebration
- Read Across Titus Book Swap/Exchange
- Home and School Family Fun Night - The Rink At Warwick - 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
March 4th - 8th:
- 6th grade Parent Orientation at Tamanend MS @ 7:00 PM
- Home and School General Meeting - Titus Library @ 7:00 PM
- Reading Olympics Meeting - Titus Library @ 7:45 AM
- "Daylight Savings" time begins
Lunch Changes . . .
As Titus continues to enhance security measures and processes involved in monitoring the flow of individuals in and out of the building, I feel it has become time to ask that parents/family to refrain from spending lunch with their child in the Titus dining room. While I understand there are numerous reasons for parents and family members to spend time with their children, the procedure, as it stands now, does not support the efforts we have made to ensure the safety of our students. If you feel you have a situation that warrants special attention, please feel free to contact the office, and we can set up a time to meet and discuss the situation further.
I understand that this may not be a very popular decision with many families; however, I strongly believe it is in the best interest of the security and education of our students. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Please do not hesitate to call to discuss any questions and/or concerns.
Titus Pride . . .
Congratulations to Abigail Cox (Mrs. Maiese’s 3rd grade) and Gavin Cuff (Mrs. Williamson’s 6th grade) who were nominated by teachers for February’s Boomerang Award with CB Cares. Abby will represent Titus among the district nominees. Congratulations on representing the true spirit of CB Cares and the attributes that continue to make Central Bucks and Titus a great place to learn and grow.
Book Exchange . . .
On March 1st, Titus Reading Department and teachers throughout the building will be sponsoring a book exchange as part of the annual celebration of reading known as "Read Across America Day." Our goal is for students to have an opportunity to replace their gently used books with newer titles for a small donation - $1.00. If you have not already done so, please send in $1.00 with your children and we will send them home with new titles for their home library. All money collected will go to support Titus' reading program(s).
Attn 3rd Grade Families . . .
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, ideas and availability regarding volunteer opportunities in 3rd grade. We have taken your information and created a schedule that will provide many of you with diverse opportunities to get involved at Titus. The entire operation will be facilitated using the "VolunteerSpot" website. All you have to do is sign into the website (no registration or "joining" is required). To see all the available volunteer opportunities for 3rd grade, simply click here.
As I have shared before, this is a process, and our long term goal is to offer a similar system across all grade levels. Thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Science Fun Day . . .
Below you will find a list of materials that we need in large quantities for Science Fun Day this year. Please send any donation you can make in with your child and labeled “Science Fun Day.” All donations can be brought to Ms. Anderson's room (4th grade Rm 304).
Thank you for your help in making Science Fun Day a success!
- Potatoes (5lb. bags) - 75 lbs
- Aluminum Cans (empty & rinsed) - 200
- Old CDs/DVDs (these won’t be returned!) - 200
- Sports Bottle /Dish Soap Caps (pull up to open, push down to close type) - 200
- Empty Plastic Bottles (16 oz) - 200
- Cornstarch (16 oz boxes) - 107
News from the Kitchen . . .
Home & School Association:
Don't Forget . . .
Home and School is excited to announce that Family Bingo Night has had the largest response ever!! By Monday of last week, we reached our maximum amount of attendees. All tickets were sent home in the February 20th Wednesday folder. Tickets are required for the event & doors will open at 6:30.
FYI . . . Based on the overwhelming response, Home and School will be working with Mr. Cashman to see how we can meet the impressive numbers of families interested in participating in this event.