Class of 2021
Important Graduation Information
We are very happy to announce that we have made the decision to increase the number of tickets for each graduate from 3 to 4 tickets each. The 4 graduation tickets will be distributed at our last practice on June 9th.
It is critical that all seniors are working hard to ensure that they will finish the year successfully and earn the credits required to graduate. Any student who does not meet the academic requirements for graduation will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
Graduates will be required to wear a mask during the line-up for graduation inside of the school. Once the graduates exit the building, masks are optional for the outdoor ceremony. Masks are also optional for guests.
All students are required to attend graduation practices on Tuesday, June 8, and Wednesday, June 9, at 1:45 pm. These are mandatory. We do realize that there are potential sports conflicts and will have a separate practice set up for any athlete that may miss practice as a result of athletic competition.
Reminder that our graduation ceremony is formal attire. Please focus on looking your best! If you have questions about what to wear, please contact an administrator. We do have a boutique here at school open to any student who would like to borrow formal attire. We only ask that it is returned after being dry-cleaned.
Each graduate will need to be at school and in line on graduation day at 12:15 pm. (9:15 am if on Saturday)
The front bowl will open for seating at 12:00pm on Graduation Day.
- With the increase in the number of tickets from 3 to 4 we do not anticipate having very many extra tickets. If there are extra tickets available, we will allow students to claim these tickets at 7 am on the morning of June 10th in front of the main office. First come, first serve. Only graduates will be issued extra tickets. Family and/or friends cannot stand in line for the extra tickets.
On-lookers without a ticket may stand anywhere outside of the fencing.
We will live stream our graduation on our youtube channel https://youtu.be/_rtr7Nt4Kg8
A live radio broadcast will be aired on WCUB 980 AM/97.1FM.
A decision to delay the ceremony for inclement weather will be made by 9 am, and communicated via IC messenger. The rain date and time is Saturday, June 12th at 10 am.
Diploma pick-up after the ceremony will take place in front of the JFK Fieldhouse. Please stop to pick up your diploma before you leave. Only graduates will be allowed to pick up their diplomas at this time.
Please remember that Harmann Studios will be here taking pictures. You can purchase pictures from them if you are interested. (Link for ordering is below) Photos can be ordered until June 13th using this link.
Graduation Formal Attire
Formal Wear is Described as the Following:
- Dresses are to be knee length or longer (recommended)
- Dresses should be appropriate for a school function
- If you would like to wear a pant suit, that is perfectly fine. A pant suit consists of a collared shirt, suit coat/blazer, dress pants, and a tie (optional).
- Cultural apparel is considered appropriate formal wear
- Shoes you are able to walk in, high heels are discouraged.
- Dress pants
- Collared, button-down shirt
NO CAPS & GOWNS!
Baseball hats are not allowed, however, you may wear a dress hat.
Sunglasses are allowed.
If you are in need of formalwear, please check out the video below about our "Boatique" which offers FREE options for students to utilize formalwear.
Graduation Traffic Notice
LHS Contact Information
If you need to contact one of us, please utilize the contact information below.
Lee Thennes - Principal
Kyle Korinek - Associate Principal
Katie Eichmann - Associate Principal
Lainey Longmeyer - Dean of Students
Dave Steavpack - Athletics & Activities Director