Unit 2 Week 1
WONDERS IS ONLINE!
- Stay connected with the skills, strategies, and stories we are learning in our Reading program!
- Just click the link to log in: ConnectEd Wonders Reading Series!
- Be sure to use your child's unique username and password!
This Week's Spelling Lists:
Please make daily Spelling practice a priority. Also, take advantage of Spelling City! It is a fabulous online resource and it makes Spelling practice much more fun!
This Week's Spelling Rule:
- Long i and Long u
- The igh is one way to spell the long i sound. Long i can also be spelled as i, y, and ie.
- The ew spelling for the long u sound usually comes at the end of a word.
- Long u can also be spelled with a VCV pattern like mule and music.
Approaching Word List:
sky, fly, might, right, find, child, bite, pie, use, cute, mule, huge, cube, unit, few
On Level Word List:
sky, fry, pie, tied, tight, right, bright, grind, child, cube, cute, mule, music, drew, few
This Week's Wonders Highlights
attempt; awkward; cooperation; created; furiously; interfere; involved; timid
Make, Confirm, and Revise Predictions