Snacks for all!! By: Natalie Seelye
· Human Resources
· Information Technology
· Research Quality and Technology
· Supply Chain
John A Bryant
Distribution Center Manager
We are committed to shaping the future of our industry. Lead with us as you manage the operational activities of both Warehouse and Fleet teams within one of our state-of-the-art distribution centers. You are detail oriented, have clear communication skills, and a unique capacity to manage through multiple and conflicting priorities. Your capacity for problem solving ensures safe and timely delivery of customer orders - a key to the success of the Kellogg Company!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Distribution Center Manager at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
* Supervising office, warehouse, and delivery personnel; potentially across multiple locations
* Partnering with sales management and merchandising teams
* Collaborating with regional and corporate staffs including HR/Labor Relations, Finance, Internal Audit, Logistics and Capital Engineering
* Building and maintaining external relationships with customers, contractors and vendors
* Participating in collective bargaining agreements
* Driving Lean sustainability programs
* Showcasing your knowledge of our Centralized Routing and Onboard Computer Systems by delivering the Key Performance Indicators associated with them
* Providing direct leadership to your team to ensure on-time, quality delivery to the customer
* Driving a safe work environment to ensure employee and food safety
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Distribution, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree with significant experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment OR High School / GED with extensive experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment
* Experience managing people
* Experience managing a private fleet
* Understanding Logistics Technologies, Warehouse Management Systems, Voice Technologies, SAP, MS Office Suite, Onboard Computer Technology
* Bachelor's Degree with significant experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment
* Strong experience with Labor Relations/Unions
* Experience managing PL responsibilities
* Lean/Six Sigma experience
* Problem Solving Skills and Analytical Abilities
* Understanding of Federal/State/Local Regulations Operations
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Some travel may be required.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.