Hello Creekside Families,
I hope you are all enjoying your 3-day weekend! As we enter into our 19th week of being open, I want to thank you once again for holding strong and persevering through this challenging time. Also, a huge thank you for your continued support with our COVID-19 safety protocols.
If you haven't heard...we are excited to share that beginning March 15, 2021, our students will be returning to campus for full-time learning as one cohort (M/T/TH/F). Wednesdays will remain a day for distance learning and deep cleaning of our campuses.
Please review the updates and reminders below to help keep you informed about what is happening on campus and in the district:
- CELC registration is open for the 2021-22 school year. Please help spread the word.
- Does your student need a new backpack? We had a few backpacks donated. They are brand new and ready for a home. Please contact the office if you could use one.
- We still have masks left that were donated by Old Navy. If your child needs a new mask, please stop by the office and pick one up or let your teacher know and we can throw a pack of them in your student's backpack.
- Please report all absences to the office. We are required to trace all absences. Illnesses may require a 10-14 day stay at home. All students that are out for any reason will be temporarily assigned to distance learning. They can receive credit for their time off campus if they complete work online.
- The district continues to serve food during our Hybrid Schedule. Due to the holiday, this week they will be distributing on Tuesday from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm at JMMS. If that time doesn't work for you, there is also a 5:00 pm pick up.
- Child Nutrition Services offers snack pick up for students at CELC during pick up times. Hybrid A parents may pick up snacks on Tuesday this week due to the holiday, and Hybrid B parents may pick up snacks on Thursdays. The grab and go snack bag will contain 5 days worth of snacks. This is available to all students 18 and under.
- Join us for VIRTUAL FUN FRIDAYS. See the flyer below for February's schedule. Post pictures using #virtualfunfriday
- The district is still providing free wifi access at CELC, SHES, JMMS, and BOES. Just park in the lot and log in. The wifi name is AlpineUnited and no password is needed.
- The district has tech support available to parents. Please email email@example.com with your technology questions.
I look forward to an amazing week with our Cubs!
We have received emails from parents and community members asking how they can help us with our unique needs this year. With the upcoming transition to Phase 3 on March 15, we are increasing our inventory of recess equipment and other supplies to accommodate larger groups of students. If you are willing and able to donate, please consider buying something from our wish list. Items we are most in need/want at this time are: Nerf footballs, bouncy balls, soccer balls, Flying Turtles, catch a ball set, sand toys, and a giant outdoor tic tac toe set. Please feel free to share our wish list if you know of anyone in your family or community members that may want to help.
TOY & CEOY
Creekside Early Learning Language Academy (CELLA)
- 50/50 Spanish/English Program
- Highly qualified bilingual teaching staff
- Hours: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
- 4 day a week option only at this time
- Open M/T/TH/F
- No School on Wednesdays for deep cleaning and curriculum prep
- Cohort of 12 students
- Billed weekly at $175
Free COVID-19 Testing
Our next COVID-19 and flu shot drive through will be on Wednesday, February 24 from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm at JMMS. This is free for anyone!
CELC Office Staff
Mary Barkley, Clerk
Tamara Ripke, Principal
Stephanie Green, School Secretary
Connect with CELC
M-F 8:00 am to 3:30 pm by appointment
Please note that the office will be closed and locked during drop off and pick up in order for the staff to help with students. Please call or email us with questions, concerns, or to make an appointment when we can assist you.