Angle Measurement and Plane Figures
Mid Unit quizzes are returned this week.
- Use the addition of adjacent angle measures to solve problems using a symbol for the unknown angle measure.
- Recognize lines of symmetry for given two-dimensional figures. Identify line-symmetric figures and draw lines of symmetry.
- Analyze and classify triangles based on side length, angle measure, or both.
P. 10, 13, 14, 17
We will work on these assignments in class, but students are welcome to work at home, too. :) After your child completes these, they may revisit the multiplication section on IXL.
No spelling this this week due to the short week, Smarty Plants assembly, and research project.
Island of the Blue Dolphins
Exploration and Early Settlements of California
- Identify the sea routes of early explorers of California and the North Pacific
- Explain the effects of waterways on exploration
- Identify the land and sea routes taken to California by early settlers
- Describe the hardships the Spanish faced in settling Alta California
California Native Animals: Research Report
Last week we worked on paraphrasing. This important skill helps students read informational texts and then learn how to think and then articulate the facts in their own words. We were energized to see how fun, meaningful, and powerful this skill can be. I was very impressed by the students. They even used it instantly in their social studies essay test response! Bravo!! This was meant to serve as a useful tool for the research project, but students are quickly discovering that they can use it in many subject areas.
"Paraphrasing is really fun and it helps you understand what you write." - Caryn
"My impression about paraphrasing is that instead of trying to remember what they say, I just remember what I say." - J.T.
"After I paraphrased, I felt like the entire paragraph was min." - Lucas V.
"After paraphrasing, I felt like my brain lit up a lot more than it usually does." - Chloe R.