BHS Choir Success!
Brayden Bagdasarian, Bianca Ragoonath, and Garret Reynolds placed in the 9-10 Honor Choir. Synnah Narvaes and Kalyn Rotthoff placed in the District Treble Honor Choir. Jaden Gonzalez placed in the Region Honor Choir and advanced to the Pre-Area round.
Red Ribbon/Kindness Matters week is coming up the week of October 28- Nov 1.
Please note the following emphasis days:
- Monday, Oct 28th....Dress like a Smarty, plan for your future! (College/career/military shirt)
- Tuesday, Oct 29th....Elk Pride (support your school)
- Wednesday, Oct 30th...Everyone has a name/Meet a new friend at lunch
- Thursday, Oct 31st....I don’t support drugs, I support... (Wear your favorite band, movie, tv show t-shirt)
- Friday, Nov 1st...Be the “I” in kind. Kindness matters
Burleson ISD Veterans Day Performance
Need to purchase your Senior Ad or yearbook? Click the button and you will be redirected to our BHS Balfour site.
College & Career Ready Elks
- $500 Mark Jameson Allstate Scholar Athlete of the Month
- Weisinger Law Firm Deadline: May 31
- $2,000 Schoolhouse Connection Youth Scholarship Program Deadline: Nov 10
- Additional Scholarships
Scholarship For Freshmen: The Texas Match the Promise FoundationThe Texas Comptroller’s Office release information about matching funds for grade five through grade nine students who are beneficiaries of a Texas Tuition Promise Fund account. Find more information here.
FAFSA Mobile App
- The 2020-2021 FAFSA form is live as of October 1! To promote a fully integrated customer experience, the fafsa.gov website has been synchronized with the myStudentAid mobile app's myFAFSA component, allowing customers to switch easily between the online FAFSA form and the myStudentAid mobile app, picking up where they left off in the other platforms.
- Six Things to do After Completing FAFSA
- Six Things to do After Completing FAFSA in Spanish
College Acceptance Letters
Don’t forget to submit your acceptance letters to Mrs. Houk so she may post them in the main hallway!
10/21/19 College Fair @ BHS Cafeteria 6:00-7:30
10/28/19 FAFSA Night @ BHS Library 5:30-7:00
11/6/19 Hill College Spring Registration Night & Credit Celebration @ BHS Library
11/8/19 ASVAB (FREE test) Sign-up here
Check out this week's inVision covering sports and news along with a new
segment featuring Dr. Jimerson.