Tannahill Summer Newsletter
2018 - 2019
A letter from the Principal
This is such an exciting time of year! The students are off for the summer, resting and rejuvenating. The TIS staff is working hard and preparing for the their return.
This newsletter is full of valuable information regarding the first week of school.
The first day of school is Tuesday, August 21, 2018. I will be sending this newsletter periodically over the summer to help your family prepare.
Have a great summer and enjoy the time together as a family!
TANNAHILL INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
701 AMERICAN FLYER BLVD.
FORT WORTH, TX. 76108
REMIND 101 APP:
TEXT 81010 TO @tannabears
Front Office Staff
- Front Receptionist- Mrs. Kelli Deats - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrar- Mrs. Heidi Monsees - email@example.com
- Nurse- Mrs. Savannah Fowler - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attendance Secretary- Mrs. Terry Santiago - email@example.com
- Principal’s Secretary- Mrs. Carolyn Bell - firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Resource Officer- Officer Huseman - email@example.com
2018 - 2019 School Hours
- 7:00 a.m - Doors Open
- 7:20 a.m. - First Bell
- 7:30 a.m. - Tardy Bell
- 3:00 p.m. - Dismissal Bell
- 3:20 p.m. - Students should be picked up
Important Dates To Remember For August and September
- Wednesday, August 15 - TIS Meet the Teacher Night/Schedule Pickup
- Tuesday, August 21 - 1st Day of School
- Thursday, August 23 - TIS Cookie Dough Kick-Off
- Thursday, August 23 - Back to School Rally @ BHS
- Monday, September 3 - Labor Day - No school
- Tuesday, September 4 - Picture Day
- Monday, September 24 - Mad Science Night @ BMS
- Friday, September 28 - Elementary Night @ BHS-Football Game & Field Goal Challenge
Meet the teacher night - Wednesday, August 15, 2018
What to expect for Meet the Teacher Night
- Schedule pick up - 5th Grade in the gym
- Schedule pick up - 6th Grade in the cafe
- Drop off school supplies
- Meet the teacher
- Transportation information
- YMCA information
- PTA sign up and t-shirts
- Steel City Pops
First Day of School
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Tannahill Front office procedures
Parents and guardians are required to sign in before entering any area of our campus or grounds.
If you are checking your child out for early dismissal, you will be required to show current photo ID.
Our waiting area is located in the foyer. We ask that all guests wait in the foyer. If you are waiting for your student they will come through the glass doors. If you are meeting with a staff member or principal they will come greet you there.
Students cannot be pulled from class until their parent or guardian arrives with a current photo ID.
Parents or guardians who come to eat lunch with a student:
- Must have a valid photo ID
- Must be on their contact list
- May only eat with their student
- Cannot bring food for other students
- Must stay in the designated seating area for visitors
After 3:20 p.m. there will not be supervision for your child. YMCA will be available after school for a fee. Sign up information for the YMCA after school program will be provided at Meet the Teacher Night and through the TIS front office.
Early Checkout Policy
A letter from the nurse
If your student needs medications at school, remember that we must have a new physician's order for this current school year. Order forms can be found online and in the front office. Medications must also be brought in and signed for by the parent before the nurse can administer the meds at school.
If your student is absent, please send a parent or doctor’s note upon their return.
This note needs to be given to the front office within 3 days of the absence.
- When 3 or more absences are reached, the parents will be notified by letter and by a phone call.
WSISD will be moving to nine week grading periods in 2018-2019
2nd Grading Period - October 22 - December 21
3rd Grading Period - January 9 - March 8
4th Grading Period - March - May 23
Click the links below for additional information and getting connected
REMIND 101 APP: TEXT 81010 TO @tannabears
STAAR Spring 2018 Results
STAAR Spring 2018 results are now available online for your student at https://www.texasassessment.com/.
If you do not have your child’s unique STAAR access code from a previous STAAR Report Card, click the link – “Find My Access Code.” You will then input your student’s Social Security number or state identification number and date of birth. If you have any questions, please contact your student’s campus. Summer office hours are Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.