South Row's Home Link
Week of: August 29th, 2022
Message from Mrs. Gilbert & Mr. Ramalho
We are ready to go at South Row and we hope you are too! Our dedicated staff excitedly awaits the start of school this year. Our goal, as always, is to create and sustain a safe and supportive environment for all students all day everyday. We strongly encourage parent involvement on any level that works for your family. Please reach out if you are interested in volunteer opportunities.
See you soon!
Terri and Jayson
Please thoroughly review the beginning of the year guide if you haven't had a chance yet prior to school starting!
Week at a Glance
MONDAY - 08.29.22
- Staff First Day of School - Professional Development & Set-up
- Medication Drop Off, 1-4 pm
- First Day of School, Grades 1-4
- Kindergarten Visitation A-L @10:00AM
- Kindergarten Visitation M-Z @1:30PM
Kindergarten Visitation Details:
- Last names A - L report at 10:00AM
- Last names M-Z report at 1:30PM
- Meet in the front of the building (by main office door - sign in at tables)
- Park in aldersgate church back parking lot
- Students must come with an adult to visitation (transportation NOT provided by CPS)
WEDNESDAY - 08.31.22
- First Day of School, Kindergarten
Reminders for Kindergarten Day #1!
- It is recommended that parents have students travel to school how they will be traveling throughout the year
- All kindergarten students will report to the gym on the first day
- Staff will be on site to get students to this location regardless on how they are arriving
- Parents that wish to say good bye or get pictures at the school may do so in the gymnasium
- No events
FRIDAY - 09.02.22
- No School - Labor Day Weekend
- Monday, September 5th - No School
- Monday, September 12th
- Kindness Matters Day ~ Staff & students encouraged to wear kindness shirts
- Student Grade Level Meetings w/ Mrs. Gilbert & Mr. Ramalho
Mark your calendars...
Curriculum Night: Wednesday, September 21st. Please see the information below for time slots for grade levels.
5 – 5:25 pm: Principal/Assistant Principal Presentation- Cafeteria (3 and 4 families)
5:30 – 6:15pm: Grades 3 & 4 Teacher Presentations
6:15 – 7:00pm: Support Staff / Specialists available in classrooms/offices
7 – 7:25pm: Principal/ Assistant Principal Presentation- Cafeteria (K,1,2 families - same as first presentation)
7:30 – 8:15pm: Grades K, 1 & 2 Teacher Presentations
- Ice Cream Social: September 27th
- Pumpkin Fair: October 15th
August 23, 2022
I hope this email finds you well. As you may all know, breakfast and lunch are free again this school year. What does this mean? There is no charge for any child taking a “reimbursable meal”.
Unfortunately, if a student only wants a milk, water, or anything separate they must pay for that item. If your students want a milk to accompany their lunch from home, they will be charged for that milk.
Lunch Accounts – Every student has a lunch account. The account follows the student from school to school. Although meals are free, students are still able to purchase an addition meal, snack, and drinks at lunch time. They will need to have money in their account to be able to do this. If they do not have money, they will not be able to “charge” these purchases. Please send in a check to your student’s school or mail directly to:
School Nutrition Director
200 Richardson Road
North Chelmsford, MA 01863
Currently, our online payment system is not up and running. Look for more information to come.
This year the students must use their ID numbers. We are currently making badges that the student must use to purchase breakfast, lunch, or anything a la cart. They will be handed out on the first day of school.
I wish you a happy and healthy school year!
School Nutrition Director
Save the Date:
*More information will be shared in future newsletters.
- First PTO Meeting ~ September 12th ~ 7 pm - ~ Cafeteria
- Ice Cream Social ~ September 27th
- Pumpkin Fair ~ October 15th
SOUTH ROW'S PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Bush Beans and Pumpkins - Thanks Rick Cockley!!
Care Solace - Are you in need of support?
Contact the South Row Administrative Team!
Mr. Jayson Ramalho, M.Ed.
Contact the Main Office Staff
- Mrs. Terri Gilbert, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177 ext. 4
- Mr. Jayson Ramalho, Assistant Principal: email@example.com, 978-251-5177 ext. 3
- Mrs. Shannon Vandevoordt, School Nurse: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177, ext.2
- Mrs. Debbie O'Neill, Secretary: email@example.com, 978-251-5177, ext. 0
- Mrs. Kim Sepe, School Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177, ext.0
- Absentee Line: 978-251-5177 ext. 1