Our Sunday School Class
Where we love the sinner, hate the sin, and seek His kingdom
Thought of the Week!
Freedom and peace come from surrender and submission. Pastor Hogg
Reminder of the Week ....
Thank you for serving...Dave, Kim, Don, Adam.. (please let me know who I may have left out.)
Humor of the Week
Prayer Requests May 26, 2013
- Cindy- teachers, us, end of school, selling RH house, unspoken, root canal Thursday
- Ed- selling house in RH, last week of school
- Emily- Chris- school and potentially entering the Marines; Bob, stepfather, melanoma on his chest, pray they are able to remove it
- Melissa- pray that Matthew and my mother stay healthy the next two weeks
- Kim- Josh Reynolds recover from a motorcycle accident out of coma now, doing PT
- Randy- friend Victor run over by tractor, recovering
Notes From Today's Lesson (my version...feel free to disagree or correct me)
I'm sorry. I was distracted today and did not take notes.
Next Week's Lesson (Let Doug know what you think of the new information.)
Our Unity: United in Truth, Clothed in Grace
Summary and Goal
In this lesson, we will look at the necessity of both truth and grace as the foundations for unity among God’s people. Each of the Scripture passages was written by the apostle Paul during his imprisonment in Rome. In these texts, we see that God’s truth is the foundation of unity, that a strong focus on our mission as God’s people helps us maintain unity, and that the gospel provides the example and the power for unity.
Steps to Prepare
As background material, read the letters Paul wrote while in prison (Ephesians; Philippians; Colossians; Philemon). Then focus your attention on the main passages for this week:
1. The foundation of unity (Eph. 4:1-6)
2. The exercise of unity (Phil. 2:1-4)
3. The example of unity (Philem. 15-18)
Calendar of Events
- June 8 @ Walters~meet at 9 a.m. Donuts for breakfast snacking; burgers for lunch. Bring sides, drinks, etc. Bring sanders, paint brushes, etc.
- Week of June 16 ~ World Changers (Is our class going to provide a lunch?)
- June 21-22 Wildfire Men's Impact weekend with Jase and Willie Robertson of Duck Dynasty and Tim Tebow. See Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org for details/registrationJune 30~Annual CELEBRATION OF FREEDOM 9:00 and 10:45
- July 8-12 ~ Music Camp, 8:30-2:30, 5K - grade 5, $30
- Dec. 14 Soup Kitchen