By Marina McMahon
- Iran is a country located in south-west Asia. It is bordered by Armenia. Iran is 630,000 square miles long.
- There are 79,432 people in Iran in 2015.
- About two-thirds of the population of Iran is of Aryan origin, persians, Kurds, Lurs, and Baluchis are the major Aryan groups.
- The country also includes of Arabs, Armenians, Jews, and Assyrians.
Teheran the Capital of Iran
- Teheran is the capital of Iran and Teheran Province. With a population of around 8.4 million and 14 million in the wider area. Teheran is the largest city in and urban rea, anf the lagest city in the Western Asia.
- The city also has many historic mosques, churches, synagogues and Zoroastrian fire temples.
Places to visit
Some of the places to visit when visiting in Iran are Monument of Freedom. A monument to Iranian modernism, designed to commemorate the former Shah of Iran. Another great place to visit is the Northern Tehran mountains. It is so easy to get lost in the rich history, medieval glory, and modern political excitement of Iran.