September 19, 2023
Due to an issue with the GoPUSD site earlier today, some links were not working. Most should be accessible now. If you encounter an error accessing the Professional Development catalogs for Friday, September 22nd, you can access them via the link below.
Reminder! Screencastify changes
A reminder that our Screencastify Pro license will be downgraded to the free version as of October 3rd.
What does this mean?
- Users will lose access to any further videos beyond the first 10 in their Screencastify library/Google Drive, so please back up any videos you want to keep.
- Features like interactive questions, viewer analytics, and unlimited Submit assignments will be removed.
- Watch Page links to videos created in the past may be unplayable.
Classroom & Office Phones
As a reminder, Classroom and Office Phones have locations tied to them in cases of emergency. It is important that phones aren't moved. If they are, a ticket must be put in immediately so the location can be updated. For more details, please see the information linked below.
We are currently in the process of retrieving lost student chromebooks. If a student's Chromebook gets locked, please have them see your Librarian and/or Destiny contact to get the device unlocked and/or submit a ticket with the device's service tag.
Have you updated your Aeries password?
Due to accounts that have access to student information, we need to set minimum password requirements as follow:
The updated password policy is as follows:
- Minimum 12 characters
- Minimum 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, and 1 number
- Must be significantly different from your previous password
- Do not reuse similar old passwords or use your name, username, or restricted words such as "Pasadena" or "password"
- Change password every 12 months
- Teachers will have from 9/1-10/15/2023 to reset passwords voluntarily.
- Starting 10/16/2023, new minimum requirements will be enforced. Teachers will need to change password on the next log in if they haven't updated it yet.
How to change your password:
- Log in to Aeries
- Click on your name in the top right corner
- Select Change Password
- Enter your old password, and then your new password twice to confirm.
- Please adhere to the password policy when choosing a new password.
Canvas & Aeries Grade Passback
All About the Templates
Social media influencers often make a plan when creating their content. Your students can show what they've learned by following the same content creation plan that their favorite influencers use! This template walks them through the steps -- and focuses on helping them show what they know from your class.
Having solid relationships with your students will open doors. Check out these templates to help with communication and building community in your classroom.