SACEE Committee Openings
Hello District 103 Community,
The Superintendent's Advisory Council for Equitable Education (SACEE) has openings this year for new members. The committee consists of parents, staff, and Board members who represent our diverse backgrounds, cultures, and heritage in District 103. This council’s mission is to advance the following overarching goals:
- Provide opportunities for open communication between students, parents, teachers, and administrators with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Increase community awareness of culturally responsive teaching practices in the district.
- Increase student knowledge of diversity beyond a single story.
- Continuously recognize and celebrate the similarities and differences among us.
- Identify support systems that provide mentorship of students and families.
- Identify inequities in our system and create opportunities for improvement.
If you are interested in being a member of this council, please complete this short application by Friday, October 6, 2023. Applicants will be notified by Thursday, October 12, 2023, regarding their selection on the council.
Meetings are scheduled on the following dates from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. at the District Office, 111 Barclay Blvd. Suite 100, Lincolnshire:
Thank you and I look forward to working with you on this important initiative to continue to build understanding and appreciation throughout our diverse community.
All the best,
Scott Warren, Ed.D.
Superintendent of D103 Schools
Board of Education Meeting
The next Board of Education meeting will occur at 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 17. The notice and agenda can be found on the District 103 Board meeting website page. D103 board meetings will be live-streamed each month on our YouTube Channel. Members of the community should attend the meeting at 111 Barclay Boulevard, Lincolnshire if they would like to make a public comment. The public can also contact the Board at email@example.com.
The D103 PTO is a completely volunteer-run organization, dedicated to enhancing and enriching the educational experience of our students. Please visit the PTO store to become a member.