Week of April 8th
Spring Break is almost here! I know each of you are so ready for an opportunity to recharge your battery!
Even though, you are ready for the break and kids are showing signs of needing a break too...please don't become lax! Make sure that you are continuing to supervise well and teach with urgency! Each day matters and supervision can help us be proactive and head things off before they happen.
Please reach out if you need assistance....we are almost there!!!
Important Events for the Week:
- Pollard to visit DL program (Membreno, Woods, Murray, Trygar,Evans)
- BEST Meeting after school in Grace's classroom
- 3rd PLC
Tuesday, April 9th:
- NO DLT/PBIS THIS WEEK - ALL CERTIFIED STAFF MEETING INSTEAD - we are holding a meeting to review the mClass schedule and EOG support plan so that everyone will have the same information. This plan follows what we did last year. We will discuss more in person on Tuesday. Support folks - your schedule for the weeks of support is here.
- Please plan to meet in the media center after car riders. We will dismiss folks after they've received information that pertains to them. (Pre-K, Specials and EC teachers do not need to attend this meeting).
- Our monthly PTA Meeting has been canceled due to District Young Authors and All County Chorus
Wednesday, April 10th:
- 4th/1st PLC
- Special Olympics at Northwood
- Carla out for monthly Principal Meeting
Thursday, April 11th:
- 5th/2nd/K PLC
- Extend 1 Field Test
Friday, April 12th:
- Early Release for Students...SPRING BREAK BEGINS after all students are dismissed!
- Staff may use NCE time/leave beginning after all students are dismissed for the afternoon. An announcement will be made once car riders/late bus students have been dismissed (not before 12). Please come out to cars to help if you are able. This afternoon is also an opportunity for you to work on the work! Building will be alarmed at 6:00.
Whoop Whoop - Hard work pays off!
SLT Meeting - We had a meeting this past week. Notes are here. Please see your SLT representative if you have questions. We asked Brock to send Gaga Ball rules that he taught students in PE. Please see rules here (there are also suggestions/ideas for grade levels in the SLT notes above).
PTA Idea for Raffle/Auction for World's Carnival:
Last year, kids so enjoyed winning teacher experiences at the World's Carnival. Some ideas that PTA came up with are here. Please do not feel like you must sign up. However, please do if you would like to join in the fun. Your experience will be raffled off/auctioned off to raise money for our school. : ) Please feel free to get creative and add other ideas to the list.
World's Fair Plans for Grade Levels/Classrooms - While World's Fair will look differently this year, we would love to know who is planning on still weaving things into their monthly/weekly/daily plans. Here is a google document to help us have an idea about what each of you will be doing. There isn't a requirement for anything to happen, but we do want to highlight what is occurring. The PTA is working hard to ensure the World's Carnival will include performers and is FREE. We hope to encourage all to attend...please plan to join us! Here is a list of games/countries that will be represented by the games. Consider asking a parent/grandparent/someone that has visited another country recently to come and share with your class. If you would like help scheduling someone to come share with your class, please indicate that on the form.
Supply Lists: Classroom Supply List for 19-20: DUE FRIDAY!!!!
PTA worked with a company to sell pre-packed boxes with classroom materials last year and would like to do the same this year. Please work on a general supply list with your grade level. I left last years information so you can review what was requested previously. We will turn this list into the company and post/share with families. This is due by April 12th. Include what you want and that is what the company will get. Just include brand names if it matters (Clorox wipes, Expo markers, Ticonderoga Pencils, etc).
Reflex: We would like to congratulate Mrs. Exley's fifth grade class for being the first to reach 95% fluency as a class in Reflex!! They will be receiving an ice cream sundae party this week! 2nd-5th grade teachers, keep working hard as many of your classes are getting close to the 95% goal too! Encourage your students who are not yet 100% to get the green light at least 3 times/week! We can't wait to see which class reaches the 95% fluency goal and earns the next ice cream sundae party!
Consider completing a Positive Office Referral this week!
- Feedback? Suggestions?....leave us some info in the Weekly Note!
Car duty for the week:
AM Duty: Parrish, Avilia, K. Horton, Alvarez, B. Horton, Webster
PM Duty:Team 2- Harrington, Lien, Young, Fernandez, Layman, Evans, Webster, Ross
Please do not send out mass emails regarding other covering duty for you due to an absence/progressional development. We must have confirmed people out at car duty and we have been short several days due to no one answering the mass email and/or people not covering their duty. This is too important a time of day for us to hope someone sees the email and helps out. Please text a friend that doesn't have duty to switch with you and/or text Carla.