Meth is Death
By: Mamie, Justin, and Blake
How drugs that affect the brain
- Messages are sent electrically by neurons
- Drugs can block these messages
- Neurons help create moods , so when drugs block them, only certain moods can be created
this is what a brain looks like with drugs.
This is what a brain looks like without drugs.
Drugs can look like brain chemicals.
The Path to Addiction
The stages of Addiction
- Drug use - when you experiment
- Tolerance - when you need to do more drugs because you lose the effect you get over time.
- dependence - when you need the drug
- addiction - when you have to have it
-Dramatic change of appearance
-Change of Friends
-Absences from school
-Dramatic change in eating habits
-Excessive secretiveness or lying
-Unexplained need for money
Withdrawal is when your brain goes haywire for drugs
You can treat addiction by talking to family, friends, and therapists at facility.
Local Drug Facilities
- Prestera Center for MH Services Inc