Weekly Newsletter August 19, 2022 Vol. 1, Issue 3
From the A Team
Lissa McDonald and Stephanie Sumner
Getting Ready for School
- Welcome letters
- Pre-K Announcements
- Bus information
- Create a lunch account
- Kindergarten Playdate
- Open House, Grades K-5
- First day of school, Grades K-5
- Pre-K Open House and first day of school Announcement
- @ RMCS
- @ South Burlington School District
We are the Rick Marcotte Central School A-Team
For the first time ever, the RMCS administration will have a principal and assistant principal, and we will call ourselves, the A- Team. We've divided responsibilities by grade-level and program.
- Assistant Principal Stephanie Sumner will be the grade level administrator for Grades Pre-K-2 with a focus on mathematics school-wide. We share Stephanie with Gertrude Chamberlin School. She will be located at the GCS campus on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning of each week.
- Principal Lissa McDonald will be the grade-level administrator for Grades 3-5 and Creative Arts, with a school-wide focus on literacy.
The goal is to become experts in those areas, to provide support for staff assigned to those grade levels, and to provide clarity and responsiveness in communication overall. Please reach out to your grade-level administrator with questions and feedback.
Getting Ready for School
Welcome Letters from Your Classroom Teachers
If you haven't received one already, welcome letters from classroom teachers and possibly the whole grade level team will be arriving soon. Teachers are excited to introduce themselves and will also let you know what you'll need to start the school year.
Friday September 2nd
Come explore the classroom, meet the teachers and learn more about our program!
- 9:00 -9:30 a.m. for children who will attend the morning session
- 10:00 - 10:30 a.m. for children who will attend the afternoon session
The first day of preschool is Tuesday, September 6!
Riding the Bus?
Follow this link to find the bus schedule, which includes pick-up and drop-off times. Select Rick Marcotte Central School for our neighborhood bus routes.
Create a Lunch Account
RMCS students will receive one free breakfast and one free lunch at school each day.
- Extra meal items and a la carte items, including milk, are not part of the USDA Free & Reduced meal programs. If your student brings lunch from home and wishes to purchase milk, the cost is $.50.
- Extra meal items and a la carte items may not be charged; a student must have funds in their account or pay cash at the register.
- All students will be assigned a pin # to be used for making a purchase from their lunch account. Don't worry! if your child can't quite remember their pin # yet, we can credit the account by name.
MySchoolBucks is an online payment service that provides a quick and easy way to add money to your student’s meal account using a credit/debit card or electronic check. You can also view recent purchases, check balances, and set-up low balance alerts for FREE!
Enrollment is easy!
Go to MySchoolBucks.com or download the mobile app and register for a free account.
Add your student(s) using their school name and student ID.
You will find the student ID, listed as Student Number, in the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
Make a payment to your students’ accounts with your credit/debit card or electronic check.
Already have an account?
- Click on this link for a video on how to reset a password via mobile phone or via email.
- Click on this link to add another student to your account.
Saturday, August 27- Kindergarten Playdate
Tuesday, August 30- First day of school
- Bus schedules will be posted on August 19. Follow this link to the Transportation Page.
- The student drop-off window is between 7:50 - 8:00 am at the designated drop-off spot
- Faculty and staff members will be available to help students get to their classrooms.
- Classes begin promptly at 8:05.
- We plan to return to normal routines in the lunchroom and during recess!
- Students will experience a full school day schedule and dismissal is at 2:35.
Friday, September 2- Pre-K Open House
Tuesday, September 6- First day of school for Pre-K
Monday, September 5- Labor Day, no school
Friday, September 23- Dismissal at 12:30 for staff professional learning
From Nutritional Services
You can help provide free meals to ALL students in future years
What? We are asking all families to please fill out this application for free and reduced price school meals.
Why? If many families fill out and return this form, we will get more money from the federal government for free school meals now and in the future. We will also get more money for other school programs. Filling out this form also helps our community provide free summer meals to all kids.
How? Fill out the form and return it to the RMCS main office. You may also complete the application online in MySchoolApps if your student was previously enrolled in the district.
Opportunities at Rick Marcotte Central School
RMCS is still hiring. Please contact us about joining our team if you qualify for these openings. Training will be provided for all new hires.
- Special Educator
- Interventionists - working 1:1 with students who have Individualized Education Plans
- Paraeducator - working with small groups of students who have Individualized Education Plans
Opportunities in Nutritional Services
Are you currently searching for employment? Do you like working with children? Would you like to work the same schedule as your children while receiving full benefits and a generous starting wage ($17.85-23.10 per hour) Nutritional services has several open positions, either full time, 7 hours a day or part time 4.5 hours per day. No experience necessary. For more information or to apply please contact Rhonda Ketner, Director, Nutritional Services; email@example.com
Stephanie Sumner, Assistant Principal & Lissa McDonald, Interim Principal
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Location: Rick Marcotte Central School, 200 Market Street, South Burlington, VT, USA