Mrs. Morris' Weekly Update
FIELD TRIP ON TUESDAY! MAKE SURE TO BRING A LUNCH AND DRESS ACCORDING TO THE WEATHER!
NO SCHOOL Tomorrow!
OUR NEW CLASS PET!
- Return Homework Folder, Tickets and Friday Folder
- Happy Birthday Savannah
- Field Trip 9:15-3:00
- CONFERENCES AFTER SCHOOL
- SPELLING TEST
October 18-Field Trip To Wendel Farm
October 18 and 20-Parent/Teacher Conferences
October 25-2nd Grade Music Concert @ 7pm
October 28-Halloween Party and Parade/ PTG Kids Night Out
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAVANNAH!!
What Did We Learn This Week?
Writing-Beginning Our Land Animal Reports
- We read "Life Cycle Of A Pumpkin"
- Identifying the sequence of a story
- Genre-Expository Text
- R Controlled Words (ir, er, or, ur)
Next Week's Spelling Words: CIRCLES
Science and Social Studies
- Students are awaiting their darkling beetles to emerge from the pupa stage in their vials.
- Students learned the parts of a pumpkin.
- Students are writing their land animal reports.
- WE ARE STILL WORKING ON OUR COMMUNITIES UNIT.
Topic 3 focuses on adding and subtracting up to 100 using various strategies.
-using a hundreds chart
-using an open number line
-breaking apart numbers
Students are completing their Topic 3 test today. You will find their test in next Friday's papers to come home.
Hundreds Chart Video
Break Apart Numbers
Open Number Line
State Report Card
Report Card Guide For Parents:
Important Websites To Remember:
mobymax.com- (Remember to type Bogan as school name)