Princeton Lakes HOA Newsletter
Update - March 2020
Annual Update from the HOA President
PLHOA Annual Meeting Summary:
Thanks to everyone that was able to attend the PLHOA Annual meeting. It was nice seeing everyone. A few highlights from that meeting:
All PLHOA boards for the past 15 years were recognized for their stewardship and dedication to PLHOA by ensuring that we ran a surplus budget and were able to build our financial reserves year over year. By doing this, we were able to fund four major projects (rebuild tennis courts, dredge upper lake and fix dam, resurface the pool deck and resurface the inside of the pool) without levying an assessment or taking out any loans. JOB WELL DONE!!
- For 2019 All PLHOA members are paid in full!!
- Started the year with $60,000 and ended with approximately $130,000
- 2020 Budget was Approved.
- Chris Ensley was voted in as new PLHOA Treasurer. Thanks, Chris. Thank you to Spalding for your dedication as the PLHOA Treasurer for the past several years and taking the Non-resident board position.
- We will change the Membership board position to CPO (Chief Pig Officer). The CPO will be responsible for coordinating major PLHOA events (Pig Roast and 4th July).
PLHOA Project completed in 2019:
- Replaced Tennis Court Benches
- Replaced Pool Chairs
- Replaced Clubhouse Furniture
- Built new path across the upper dam
- Mulch was installed along Princeton Lakes Drive and around the Clubhouse
- The fence was cleaned and painted
PLHOA Completed Projects for 2020:
- Planted new tree and grass by the main pool entrance
2020 Proposed Projects:
- Purchasing a smoker for the neighborhood
- Replacing the iron plates used at the pig roast with a permanent structure
- Sodding the dam
- Improving the appearance of the corner of the north side of Princeton Lakes Drive and Johnson Ferry Road
- Install a retaining wall alongside the sidewalk adjacent to the play structure to prevent further erosion
- Improvement of the trash enclosure
- Maintenance of the rock path that connects the dam to Karls Gate Drive
With the recent COVID-19 news the following changes:
- All clubhouse rentals will be canceled until April 15. This date will probably change.
- The PLHA Board recommends not playing on the playset until the Cobb county shelter in place mandate is lifted.
The pool will open as soon as possible. The PLHOA board is in constant communication with Riverside, our property management company and Swim Atlanta. Swim Atlanta is currently running a skeleton staff. They will be preparing pools for opening on a lottery system. We do not have a date as to when Swim Atlanta will be on-site to remove pool cover and start the opening process. The board will send out more information when it becomes available.
As events unfold, the board will communicate with Members via Facebook and email. If you have not already done so, please join the Princeton Lakes Facebook group and add yourself to the www.princetonlakes.net member directory. This is the source for all of the neighborhood emails.
Board Member Contact information:
President: Jim Skinner, email@example.com, 404-583-7118
Vice President: Phil Laney, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-285-0936
Secretary: Carolyn Cooper, email@example.com, 404-435-7489
Treasurer: Chris Ensley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 770-296-2897
Grounds: Jason Harris, email@example.com, 770-731-5183
Social: Katie Kincaid, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-376-2774
Social: Greer Waddell, email@example.com
Pool: Stephen Patrick, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-574-0076
Tennis: James Cooper, email@example.com, 770-356-9023
Community Affairs: OPEN, firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-resident: Spalding White, email@example.com 678-576-0727
If anyone would like to volunteer or have questions about the two open board positions, please call or email Jim Skinner.
If any PLHOA neighbor needs assistance because of Cobb County shelter in place mandate, please contact any board member.
COVID-19: Social Activities & Facilities
- The Board HIGHLY recommends that the neighborhood playset NOT be used during the Cobb County Shelter in Place Order.
- The annual Princeton Lakes Easter Egg Hunt has been canceled.
- All clubhouse rentals will be canceled at least through April 15. That date will likely change.
- The Tennis Seasons have been delayed.
- Other planned social activities are subject to cancellation and/or delay depending on the COVID-19 situation. This includes the May 2nd Derby de Mayo party, School's Out Party, TGIFs, and the 4th of July celebration. Each event will be evaluated on a case by case basis depending on the social distancing guidelines that are in place at that time.
If any PLHOA member needs assistance during the Cobb County Shelter in Place order, please contact any Board Member.
Welcome new neighbors!
Princeton Lakes Community Newsletter
Email information for newsletter consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the link below to join our neighborhood private Facebook page for real time posts about events and neighborhood news.
Business Advertisement Opportunities
Beginning in 2018, local businesses can advertise their business/service in our monthly Princeton Lakes HOA Newsletter. The advertising business will also be prominently featured on our Facebook page and on the front of our Princeton Lakes website. Only one business/service will be featured in each newsletter. Email email@example.com for more information and pricing.