A word from Michelle
November 22nd, 2021
Updates, Things to think about, Things to Remember
Upcoming Important Dates/See google Calendar
- Wednesday 11/24/21 Additional day off/BOARD APPROVED!
- Thursday/Friday 11/25-26 No school Holiday schedule
- Friday 12/3/21 All Staff Meeting
- Friday, January 14, 22 Board approved PD/No student day
- Grading Day 1/28/22
Monday Morning Check In
School Improvement PLan
Non-Optional video below, Settle in for 7.5 minutes of uninterrupted focus.
We will be using the full capabilities of Transparent Classroom beginning fall of the 22/23 school year. The more data and planning captured within Transparent Classroom, the more reporting and sharing we will be able to do.
This would include
- Reports that would help us identify opportunities for improving equity and inclusion
- Transitioning student data as students move levels; making it accessible to the new level teaching team
- Sharing data more effectively with intervention specialists and the district.
- Parent portal which would open numerous opportunities to streamline communication with families and give them more insight into their student’s work.
- Providing consistent information into Transparent Classroom at each level to facilitate automating the report card process reducing the workload on instructional and office staff.
Goal Setting for Instructional Leads
The observation schedule has been updated. Please take note of the tools needed section as it is different depending on your role. Substitutes will be provided. Jenine, unless notified, this schedule will NOT impact your current schedule.
Please let me know if you have any concerns.
Ridgeline Committees Updates
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Be thinking of equity moments you may want to share during our equity in action portion of the meeting. Some topics might be brought up and then planned for deeper discussion at the following meeting or referred to the equity committees.
Incident or referral form- Use this form for documentation of incidents in the classroom that have warranted repeat conversations and may escalate to a referral, or a referral to the principal or counselor for additional support.
Quiet Corner, Cozy reading Neek, Peace Corner, etc.
This school year has proven to be more difficult, emotionally, for many of our students. Please be sure to have a dedicated space for students to decompress. This is written as a strategy in our school improvement plan and is considered a regular staple of the Montessori classroom. The space does not need to be large, just comfortable and inviting.
New Library procedure and schedule
The New Library procedure, check-out form, and schedule have been created. You can find the schedule on the school calendar.
New personal electronic device procedure
Please review the personal electronic device update. Grades 4-8, please hold a discussion to go over the update so that all students are aware of the cell phone policy and the consequences associated with it.