January 13th, 2016
Important Dates & Reminders!!
- Monday, January 18th - MLK Day No School
- Tuesday, January 19th - Parent and Teachers for McKinley (PTM) General Meeting 6:30pm
- Monday, January 25th - BEGIN NEW DISMISSAL PROCEDURE, see info below
Learn more about staying informed with School Messenger... just click the link below!
New Parking Lot Procedure!!
Due to the pedestrian, bicycle and automobile safety concerns observed during school release, we will be implementing the following release procedures beginning:
Monday, January 25th, 2016
- Students walking home (Walkers) and Bus Traffic will have priority during school release from 3:05-3:15 pm
- Students being picked up by adults in their cars will wait until after buses have departed, after approximately 3:15 pm, to be picked up in the Bus Lane.
In support of the new release procedures, we’ll experience the following changes:
- The current “Car Pick-Up” lane will be closed to parked traffic from 2:00pm - 3:15pm: Communication of this change will happen via: flyer, email, website, PTM Mtg. For Questions please come to the PTM General Meeting-1/19/16 @ 6:30pm. Volunteers and Police, as well as members of the District will be requested to help during the week of the change, Monday January 25th.
- Students for Car Pick-Up will no longer wait out front; they will be dismissed to the Gym to wait in a “Car Pick-Up Line.”
- Walkers and Day Care Van riders will be held in the Cafeteria until their parent/guardian/day care checks them out – the current procedure doesn’t change.
- After approximately 3:15, the bus-loading lane will be opened to cars to wait for their students to be dismissed from the “Car Pick Up” line in the gym.
In support of this change, the following will remain the same:
- The school parking lot will remain open at all times. When the lot is full, spill over parking is available offsite at local businesses (Thank you PTM for working with local businesses to ensure this continues to be okay!)
- Walkers that have not been going to the cafeteria for pick up may continue to exit through the rear and side of the building.
- Parents/Guardians retrieving children may park in the parking lot or offsite and pick up children in the cafeteria.
- The Drive Through Lane in front of the school will remain open to afterschool vans and daycare mini-buses during dismissal.
- Parents/Guardians that need to pick up a student early for an appointment at the end of the day may use the parking lot to retrieve and sign out their student.
- Students currently being picked up may switch to walking or bus routes as available.