Be safe and prevent problems around and in water.
Water Saftey Steps and Tips
Here are some tips to being safe in water:
- Always swim in areas where there are lifeguards or certified personnel.
- Swim with a buddy
- If you aren't a good swimmer, wear a life jacket
- Don't roughhouse in water
- If someone is in trouble try not to go in and have to get them. If you can, find something to throw or reach out to the person in distress.
- Make sure the swim area is safe enough to swim in. (No currents, wind, clear)
- If you are doing an activity like boating or skiing, be sure you have all of your equipment.
-If diving, make sure the water is at least 12 feet
- Do not run around the pool
No roughhousing in water.
Going into the water to save someone should be your last resort. First try to find something you can throw or reach to the person in distress
Make sure you are in a safe area to swim in. This means no currents or huge waves.
If you are skiing or boating be sure that you have the correct equipment.
If diving, make sure the water is at least 12 feet
Do not run around the pool