So you want to go to Egypt
Here's what you need to know
Egypt's main religion is Islam
What you need to keep about Islam
Try to AVOID pork Muslims can't eat it and you don't want to offend people. Try beef instead.
Do not eat from sunrise to sunset during the month of Ramadan. Don't schedule almost anything that month.
Friday is their day of rest.
The five pillars of Islam
- There is no God but Allah and Muhammad was his last massager.
- Pray 5 times a day facing Mecca
- Donate money to charity
- Fast and practice self control during the month of Ramadan
- Take a pilgrimage to the kabbah at least once in your life if possible
- Must cover the entire body except hands and face. Covering the face with a Niqab is optional and perhaps even preferred.
- Must wear a khimar that covers the head, neck and bosom.
- Should wear a jilbab that enshrouds the entire body and covers any open spots.
- Clothing must not be tight or transparent. Wearing such clothing defeats the purpose of covering the body.
- Women must wear hijab in front of all non-Mahram men.
- Must cover their awrah (from the navel to the knee) in front of all unrelated women.
- Must not wear gold or silk or any effeminate clothing.
- Should keep their lower garment above the ankles