Fashion Designer 101
The Road to Success
- strong background in basic visual art and design
- study textiles and fabrics
- detailed understanding of how apparel production and distribution works
- cultural and psychological roles of fashion in society
- fashion advertising, merchandising and even costume design
- using computer-aided fashion design programs
- innate creativity and artistic ability
- strong communication skills
- an eye for detail
- the ability to predict or anticipate consumer trends
Top- $127,190Average- $73,570
Some Top Fashion Designers
Brennan, Carol. "Kenneth Cole." Newsmakers. Detroit: Gale, 2003. N. pag. Biography in Context. Web. 21 Apr. 2015.
"Fashion Designer: Education Requirements & Career Info." Study.com. Study.com, 2015. Web. 23 Apr. 2015.
"Fashion Designer." Salary. Sokanu, 2015. Web. 01 May 2015.
Ketchum, Dan. "What Education Do You Need to Become a Fashion Designer?" Work. Heart Newspapers, Inc., 2015. Web. 01 May 2015.
Scott, Gaelyn. "Fashion Licensing: Three Cases Involving Fashion and Trademarks." Licensing Journal Jan. 2015: 32. Academic OneFile. Web. 23 Apr. 2015.