This Week in DHS Band and Guard
Week of October 10, 2022
This Week's Schedule
Monday, October 10th
- No school or rehearsal
Tuesday, October 11th
- Full Band Rehearsal, 5 pm - 7:30 pm
Wednesday, October 12th
- Color Guard Sectional, 7:30 - 8:55 am
- Full Band rehearsal cancelled, enjoy the evening off - the last two weeks have been busy!
Thursday, October 13th
- Full Band Rehearsal, 5 pm - 7:30 pm
- Pep Rally, 8:55 am, DHS Gym, call time 8:30 am in jeans and band polo
- Davenport @ Canyon Lake, 7:30 pm, Hawk Stadium
Saturday, October 15th
- UIL Region 12 Marching Contest, 5:30 pm performance
Canyon Lake Away Football Game
Parents, please consider signing up to volunteer as a chaperone or load crew if you have already completed the CISD background check here. The sign up to volunteer is here. Parents who are not volunteering as load crew or chaperones may not enter the band section in the stands.
Students need to bring these items with them to school on Friday.
- Jeans and band polo for pep rally
- Grey Wolf Band water bottle filled with ice and water
- Band uniform parts – long black socks, marching shoes, compression shirt and shorts, gloves, band ball cap, athletic shorts for run-through.
- Color guard uniform parts – show hair and makeup, bodytights, black socks, show undergarments, and guard shoes.
Schedule for the day
- 5th period (1:45) - All band and color guard students report to band hall - change into rehearsal clothes
- 2:15 pm - Short run through
- 3:15 pm - Load trucks and get dressed in formal uniforms
- 4:15 pm - Inspection
- 4:30 pm - Leave DHS for Canyon Lake HS
- 5:30 pm - Feed the Band @ Canyon Lake HS
- 6:00 pm - Get dressed in full uniform and unload truck
- 7:00 pm - Pre-Game Ceremonies
- 7:30 pm - Game starts
- 10:45 pm - Leave Hawk Stadium
- 11:45 pm - Approximate Parent Pick Up (students need to help unload their instrument off the truck before leaving)
UIL Region 12 Marching Competition
Parents, please consider signing up to volunteer as a chaperone or load crew if you have already completed the CISD background check here. The sign up to volunteer is here.
The UIL Region 12 Marching Competition is at Heroes Stadium. Spectator entry is $6 for all ages. Tickets will only be available online. They can be purchased here. Shirts, patches, and concessions will be available. Here is a map with spectator parking information. Here is the contest schedule. We are competing for a rating. If we get a first division rating, we will advance to the UIL Area Marching Competition on October 29th at Calallen HS.
Patches can be ordered here. Money is due after practice on Thursday at 7:30 pm.
We are feeding students a late lunch. Students may want to bring money for concessions after the performance.
Schedule for the Day
- 10:30 am Call Time
- 11:00 pm Rehearsal (making up time from Monday/Wednesday)
- 1:15 pm Load Truck, get dressed, and eat lunch (provided)
- 2:45 pm Leave for Heroes Stadium
- 3:15 pm Arrive @ Heroes Stadium
- 4:45 pm Warm Up
- 5:30 pm Performance
- 5:45 pm Load Truck, change into jeans, watch bands, and buy shirts/patches/concessions
- 6:45 pm Results
- 7:15 pm Leave Heroes Stadium
- 8:00 pm Parent Pickup
Items to Bring on Saturday
- Band Formal Uniform Parts – long black socks, marching shoes, compression shirt and shorts, gloves, athletic shorts for run-through, hair items
- Color guard Formal Uniform Parts – show hair and makeup, bodytights, black socks, show undergarments, and guard shoes
- Jeans and contest t-shirt
- Gray Wolf Band water bottle filled with ice and water
This is the 9th week of the Nine-Weeks. Students who fail a class on the 9-week report card will not be eligible to attend football games and marching competitions starting with the Lampasas football game on October 21st. Grades will become final on Friday, October 14th at 4:30 pm.
Burnet Game and UIL Area Performance Time
We have two sets of remind groups.
- The first is for directors to communicate with both parents and students. We used this Friday to let everyone know the game was delayed 30 minutes due to rain.
- The second is for section parents to communicate with parents in their section.
Please take a moment to join the appropriate groups by texting the code including the @ to 81010.
Directors to Students/Parents
- Woodwinds - @99edfh to 81010
- Brass - @dhswolfb to 81010
- Percussion - @kdb2aa to 81010
- Color Guard - @dhswolfba to 81010
Section Parent to Parents (no students)
Flute - @eaddkbd
Clarinet - @33628ef
Saxes - @3fb7bhb
Trumpets - @edfbeg
Mello - @2428cb7
Trombone - @ebdakk7
Baritone/Tuba - @g3c79b
Percussion - @kkgdg99
Color Gaurd - @942kc8
Fee payments (Use this link for everything except instrument usage fees.)
- October 14th, Davenport @ Canyon Lake Football Game, 7:30 pm
- October 15th, Region 12 UIL Marching Contest, Heroes Stadium, 5:30 pm performance
- October 21st, Davenport v. Lampasas Football Game, 7:30 pm
- October 29th, UIL Area Marching Contest, Calallen HS
- November 4th, Davenport v. Marble Falls Football Game (Parent Night), 7:30 pm
- November 5th, USBands San Antonio Regional Marching Contest, Davenport HS - last marching contest unless we advance to state :)
- November 11th, Veterans Day Program, DHS Auditorium, AM
- November 18th, Butter Braid Fundraiser Kickoff, during class
- November 28th, ATSSB Region Band Auditions, La Vernia HS, 5:00 pm
Director of Bands
Associate Band Director
Color Guard Director
Color Guard Assistant Director
Director of Bands
Assistant Director of Bands