JROB Dugout News 6/3-6/7
Reflection on 180 days of #thisiswhywedothis..........
As we work to bring our school year to a close, it's important to take time to reflect individually and collectively. Reflection is an extremely successful practice and helps us to identify strengths, areas of needed improvement or refinement and determine our next plan of action. We must evaluate our current structure (routines, procedures, processes), instructional strategies and practices, student results/data, and level of engagement/relationship building with students, parents, and colleagues.
I will share with you our Google Slide presentation for End of Year Reflections. Each Grade Level will present their goals (from August) at our last staff meeting of the year - 6/14, outcomes (based on assessment data), celebrations and next steps for 2019-2020 during our closing meeting. Looking forward to hearing all of the Successes and Celebrations--there are many!
Ask students to reflect on their 180 days of What, Why and How.....
U6: Reflecting on Relationships for Creating Student to Student and Classroom Community
JRA is sliding into HOME PLATE
SBAC is over and we must ensure that as students are walking through those green gates that they are still being provided with rigorous learning each and every day.
1. Daily learning intentions should be a part of every day's lesson. What, Why and How should be communicated to students at the beginning and end of lessons.
2. Chromebooks should not be used as babysitters to keep students busy, use of technology should be purposeful and connect to CLEAR Learning Intentions or formative assessment noticings.
3. Videos/Movies & Movie Clips should not be a part of the learning environment without it connecting to CCSS grade content standards.
4. There are no free days = worksheets/word searches/crossword puzzles etc.. Also, working with partners for the whole period should only take place if it is focused and a part of the daily learning intention.
Notes from Damita and Paula
1. Textbook Inventory - Hardcover)
Ms. Spenker will be coming around to your classrooms this week to take an inventory of your textbooks. Please be sure all of your textbooks are accessible for scanning.
2. Class Placements for 2019-20 School Year
Review the document for the process:
3. Students as "cleaning" helpers are fine as long as it is not disrupting to your teaching. Packing is not an instructional strategy and while cleaning their own desk is an executive functioning skill aimed at reinforcing organizational skills, taking on tasks of cleaning the whole room during instructional time is not appropriate.
4. Benchmark books and materials: The office must keep one complete kit in the office because of retakes offered to retained students in August. With that in mind, staff can discard of the Benchmark materials but NOT the books. Benchmark books will need to be marked DISCARD and Erik will pick them up. Please do not place items in the lounge to "give away". Consider taking your items to Goodwill and the such.
5. The NEW LROIX Data Dashboard
Click on the link below to access the video that shows the features of the new LROIX data dashboard. this is the video that was shared at our staff meeting this week. The video goes fast, so I wanted you to have access to watch it as many times as you would like.
Google Form to complete for data discussion:
6. End of Year Data & Student Success Meeting with Paula and Damita:
Google Form to complete for data discussion:
7. Long range - "Skeletal planning dates for 19-20 (all day):
June 3 - 3rd - Library, June 4 - 4th - Library
June 5 - 1st - Library, June 6 - 5th - Library
June 7th - 2nd - Library, June 10th - Kinder- TBA/Location
Please review video to understand how this change may affect your personal finances
This parent bulletin is sent via email and text message to parents each week. It is also available on our school's website.
Planning and Reserving our 19-20 Calendar dates...
August 19 - Office staff back on site/Office open to the community
August 22 - Retention Retake Testing DayAugust 23 - Staff Retreat: 9:00-1:00, (Camp Fire LB ) #TeamRobinson CHALLENGES..oh yeah!!
August 26 - Staff Data Data and Action Plan Day - 8 hours paid - 8:15 to 3:15
August 27 - Opening Day..8:30staff annual picture (Blue Jeans please), 9ish until 10:30,
& 11:00 Welcome BBQ with families
August 28 - 1st Day with students - Minimum Day @ 1:00
August 28 - Staff Meeting - Emergency Preparedness
August 30 - Paycheck on "new system"
JROB Happenings: Be in the Know!
SBAC Continues...Science section begins
6/3 - 10th - Planning for 19-20
6/4 - 8th Grade Banquet
6/3 - 6/7 - EOY Data Conferences w/Spenker & Miller
6/5 - Staff Meeting - Library
6/10 - Day of Excellence for Kinder 10:30 & 5th Gade 9:00
& 6/11 - Day of Excellence for 1st - 4th, 6th & 7th
6/10 - 8th Grade Disneyland
6/12 - 8th Grade Promotion @ 9:00
6/12 - Staff Meeting - Class Placements in the library all grades
6/13 - Last Day of School - 1:00 Dismissal
6/14 - Staff Meeting @ 8:30 - 10:30 - Bring a treat to share