Bringing families together, one newsletter at a time!
Monday, July 29, 2019
Quote of the Week
School News and Important Dates
Parents' Night Out This Wednesday
Beach Day Tomorrow at Crystal Cove
Tuesday, July 30th, 10 am - 2 pm
Crystal Cove, PCH and Los Trancos
OSP WEBINARS: ROUND 2
Additional webinars will be announced next week. All OSP webinars will be recorded and uploaded to the OSP Handbook:
❗️NOTE: Some webinars require the attendees to register prior to the webinar - please refer to the additional information below.
WEEK OF JULY 15th-19th:
Monday, July 29th @ 10:00 am - Elephango
All attendees must register before at:http://bit.ly/elephango
Monday, July 29th @ 1:00 pm - GradeSlam
GradeSlam is a new tutoring option that features 24/7 unlimited tutoring
Webinar Link: Pending; please check the OSP Handbook for link
Wednesday, July 31st @ 11:00 am - Tynker
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/808042539
Questions? Please contact our OSP Team: email@example.com
Join Inspiring Parents Tonight!
New to homeschooling? Or maybe you want to hear from other homeschoolers to learn some tips? Join us each Monday for Inspiring Parents - Live @ 5 in July and August by clicking on this Zoom Link: http://bit.ly/InspiringLink
Want reminders, webinar recordings and resources? Sign up here: http://bit.ly/SignUpInspiringParents
Check out our first two Live @ 5 recordings. On July 1st we shared practical advice for homeschooling parents who are just starting out. On July 8th we explored learning styles, multiple intelligences and tips for setting up a learning co-op. Today, July 15th, we will learn about the I Can statements which provides grade level guides to facilitate your child's learning and we will talk some more about co-ops. We always share Inspire News at the beginning of each webinar. "See" you Monday Live @ 5!
California Homeschool Parent Association
We have exciting news! Membership for the 2019-2020 school year is now open to join the California Homeschool Parent Association (CHPA). This is Inspire’s new, non-profit Parent Organization!
If you join before July 19th you will be able to also participate in the elections for the 2019-2020 Statewide Executive Board officers and 10 Regional Community Councils. You will also be able to nominate yourself or someone else for the positions. Read the FAQ’s below to find out more. Elections will be held at the end of July so we want to make sure everyone has a chance to join now!
- Got Questions? Watch This Video!
- More Questions? Read our FAQ’s!
- Ready to Become a Member? Fill Out The Membership Form
The CHPA Founders
Subscribe to the Inspire Insider
Enrichment Ordering Information
We hope the following reminders about ordering, dates, guidelines, etc will help you on your homeschooling journey!
Enrichment Ordering Information
- Our systems are optimized for CHROME browser. If you don’t have it, you can download it to both your computer and your phone easily.
- Your login information will be the same for each of the ordering sites: Field Trips and Events, Enrichment Ordering System and Lending Library.
- Missing funds and/or students questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your password isn’t working on any of the platforms listed above, simply hit “Forgot Password?” and check your email to get your new one.
- Remember that all services requested must begin on or AFTER August 20th, the first day of school.
- Our enrichment staff works quickly but are also processing thousands of orders. Have patience and expect a 1 - 2 week wait depending on your requests.
View EOS tutorials:
1st How To Video:
2nd How To Video:
Here are the links for each site:
- EOS- Enrichment Ordering System https://www.icsinspirationstation.com
- FTE- Field Trips and Events https://www.icsinspirationstation.net
- LLS- Lending Library System https://www.icsinspirationstation.org
Catalina Marine Science Camp
Inspire families can learn together in this unique Island ecosystem, just a ferry ride away. Details are being finalized for upcoming Catalina Marine Science Camps for the upcoming school year.
If you want to join the interest list so you will receive email updates as they become available then click on this link to provide info on a Google Form: https://tinyurl.com/2019CatalinaInterestList
Type in any questions you may have about this trip at the bottom of the form.
SAVE THE DATE! BACK TO SCHOOL EVENT!
Non-Consumable Item Returns
Do you have enrichment items that you are looking to return this year? You can drop off the non-consumables you no longer want or need to our Costa Mesa Lending Library.
Please note, non-consumables do not need to be returned until you withdraw from our school, so this is purely voluntary.
Here is the Enrichment Return Item Form that you need to fill in with your return.
2019-2020 School Planners
Inspire is excited to announce we will be providing school planners again this year! You will receive the following from your Inspire Homeschool Teacher (HST) at your first in-person meeting of the school year:
- One planner per student
- One parent planner per family
We listened to the feedback we received last year and did our best to incorporate the specific customizations families requested! Take a look at these new features:
Student Planner Features Include:
- I CAN Checklists for grades TK-8 for Math, English Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies
- Full size High School planner
- Uniform weekday matrix layout for grades 1-12
- Field trip log
- Book log
Parent Planner Features Include:
- Full size planner
- Multiple boxes on each day of the week with space to write your students’ names to help organize assignments by student
- Learning Period dates
- Note pages
- Field trip log
- Book log
2019-2020 School Calendar
Inspire's Summer Reading Challenge
Are you looking for a fun activity to keep your child engaged and inspired? Inspire's summer reading challenge bingo activity is a great option! Students can be entered into a prize draw by returning their completed BINGO activity to the Lending Library or their HST by August 15th.
There are many sweet adventures to be had this summer, all in the pages of the nearest book.
Happy Summer Reading!
Special Education Newsletter
"Welcome to our May/June 2019 Newsletter!
Another successful school year is coming to an end! Reflecting on the past school year makes us realize how fortunate we are at Inspire Charter Schools. Our school has been successful due to the wonderful collaborative partnership between staff members, and families. We would like to thank all the parents for their involvement, dedication and continued support. Please be safe and well until we meet again in the fall. Have a wonderful summer!"
Read the rest of the newsletter here!
New Middle School Program - ChoicePlus Bridge powered by Bridgeway
Academic Decathlon joining ChoicePlus Academy this Fall!
Miss Wood's Push Pin Travel Map Kit
Education: Whether you are teaching in a classroom setting or educating your children at home our interactive maps instill a global perspective and inspire students to explore the beautiful world around them!
- UNIQUE TRAVEL MAP: Imagine yourself tracking your travels with photos of everywhere you've traveled in order to inspire your next adventure! This push pin world map will ignite your inner travel bug or even spark a little friendly competition with your friends and family.
- WORLD MAP WALL ART: A better alternative to a scratch world map. Its matte and warm finish makes it ideal as a complimentary home decoration. Since it is made of cork you do not need to frame it like the scratch map of the world in order to decorate it with our flag push pins.
- PUSH PIN MAP: Our beautiful cork map is hand-printed in our workshop in Barcelona, Spain. The cork used to make our travel maps comes from a sustainable cork oak forest in Portugal.
- MAP PINS: It includes Pack World with 194 different country flags with 100 sticks, 64 monuments stickers, 64 food stickers and double-sided tape hangers for an easy installation. Our travel map kit comes in a beautiful packaging that will make the perfect gift for travelers.
Price: $64.97 on Amazon
Able to purchase with funds: Yes
10 THINGS I LEARNED FROM OUR FIRST YEAR OF HOMESCHOOLING
"IT’S BEEN ALMOST A YEAR SINCE WE BEGAN OUR HOMESCHOOLING JOURNEY, SO NATURALLY, WE’RE EXPERTS.
(whips hair over shoulder)
Er, not really.
If homeschooling has taught me anything, it’s taught me that I will never be an expert. I will never have it all “together” and I will never know what the “best” homeschooling method is. It’s also taught me a lot about myself, from my weakness in planning to my strength in patience. I’m definitely not a perfect parent, and I’ve learned to not only accept this fact, but to embrace it."
oc's sunset cinema films: Mary Poppins Returns at Irvine Park
The annual Sunset Cinema film series returns, featuring 14 free movies at various parks in Orange County. Sunset Cinema will screen recent favorite and popular classic films June 14 – September 13 around sunset.
Friday, August 9 welcomes Mary Poppins Returns at Irvine Park, 1 Irvine Park Road, Orange.
Pack a picnic, blankets, and beach chairs and head to OC Parks Sunset Cinema. All movies are free to attend, with free parking beginning at 6 p.m. and show times starting around 8 p.m. after the sun has set. Food trucks will be serving on-site.
- Event: Free
- Parking: Free after 5 p.m.
- Click this link for a complete list of Sunset Cinema film series events.
2019 OC Fair
Barns full of animals? Check! Zany and delish food? Check! Concerts under the stars? Check! Midway games and rides? Check! Blue ribbon winners? Check! Acres of shopping? Check! Check! Check!
Come on out and watch your mama pet a llama, soar up high on La Grande Wheel and dare your friends to try the newest bacon-wrapped, deep-fried, sugar-coated concoction. Don't forget to check out the best in visual art, woodworking, jam-making and more. It's all here at your OC Fair!
*Children can earn 3 free ride tickets if they read two books! Find the rules and summary form here!
The 2019 OC Fair runs July 12 through Aug. 11.
OC Fair Hours:
Wednesday-Friday: Noon – Midnight
Saturday-Sunday: 11 a.m. – Midnight
Pacific Amphitheatre Box Office Hours:
Open Wednesday-Sunday. Weekdays, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Single-Day Admission Prices
General (13-59) – $12
Senior (60+) – $7
Youth (6-12) – $7
Children 5 and younger are free
General (13–59) – $14
Senior (60+) – $7
Youth (6–12) – $7
Children 5 and younger are free
General (13-59) – $40
Senior (60+) – $33
Youth (6-12) – $33
Includes admission to all 23 days of the Fair.
Find more details here.
Community Days at Crystal Cove Conservancy
Every Wednesday from 10am-4pm beginning June 19 through August 28, step back in time as the Education Commons comes to life with fun, historical activities for the whole family.
Stop by the Education Commons and let the serene surroundings stimulate your inner artist.
Create watercolor masterpieces and your very own charm to take home, using sea glass taken directly from the beach. Also learn about the unique history of Crystal Cove through a guided tour of the historic district, or explore the science of Crystal Cove State Park. Event is free to the public.
Find more information here.
Invite Your Friends To Our Info Sessions
Have a friend who asks about Inspire's amazing team and benefits? Do your friends ask you about homeschooling? We'd love to meet them at one of our upcoming Information Sessions!
Enrollment for the 2019-2020 year is open here now! Current parents do not need to re-enroll, your HST will send you a Master Agreement to sign for 2019-2020.
Below you'll find some of our upcoming Information Sessions! To view our complete list of Information Sessions, please click here.
Virtual Info Sessions
Next info session is Today, July 8 at 5pm. Join the session at https://zoom.us/j/601023347