Helpful Strategies to Remember
Remember what you learn easier!
There are certain proven terms & ways to improve memory.
- A good way is drill & practice & repetition.
- Another way we improve memory is elaborative rehearsal. This is connecting new information to memories already stored.
- There is also mnemonic devices, this is a strategy used to associate new info with old info, which makes it easier to retrieve.
There are many other techniques used to improve ones memory!
- Attention is imperative to allow information to move from short-term to long-term memory. Allow yourself time with no distractions to study.
- Don't rush! Studying in sessions instead of one marathon is proven to help students process the information better.
- Organize, organize, organize! Have a structure to your studying.
- Visualization is important! Charts, pictures, various colored pens & highlighters all help.
- Teach others. Teaching others the information you're learning can help with the recall.
- Give extra attention to particularly difficult information.
- Change it up! Varying your study routine can help improve your long-term memory of the subject you're studying.
- SLEEP!! Adequate sleep is important to your memory. Also napping after you learn something can help you learn faster and remember it better.
Work in a quiet environment free of distractions!
Organization & visualization are extremely helpful!
Sleep is an important factor for everything, even studying!