CMS Weekly Update:
September 16th 2022
Welcome Back Night: 9/22 from 6-8 PM
- Course overview of what will be covered this year.
- Grading policy.
- Contact information and ways for you to stay in touch with your child's teachers, which includes a new form for communication called "Rooms", which has replaced the remind app. On September 22nd, you will notice that an additional button, called "Rooms", will be visible at the bottom right of our Attleboro Public Schools mobile app. This button is part of our integrated system of communication and allows for your child's teachers/coaches/and other staff to share detailed information (assignments, special events, practice schedules, etc.). Please stay tuned for more information from your child's school about this new tool.
For Welcome Night, you will receive a copy of your child's schedule, on Wednesday, which you will follow, so that you can visit all of your child's classes. In the event that you have children in multiple grades, don't worry, you can pop into another meeting time with your child's teacher.
Book Fair begins on Sept. 22nd
Showing a little BLUE PRIDE
From the Desk of the PTO:
Welcome back for the 2022-2023 school year! We hope everyone was able to enjoy the summer break and is ready for a successful year.
At this time, the PTO is in need of a chairperson or co-chairs to take over for those whose 8th graders finished Coelho last year and are no longer part of the school community. Currently, the co-treasurers and secretaries are back for another year and are able to assist whoever joins the board to ensure a smooth transition. If you are interested, please email the PTO at email@example.com and they can answer any questions you might have.
Without this position being filled, and according to its by-laws, the PTO cannot allocate funds and support the school with all of the financial assistance it has previously. The PTO assists with the yearbook, book fairs, field trips, 8th-grade events, fundraising, The Color Run, Staff Appreciation, social events, in-school educational experiences, and many more opportunities throughout the year. The board members work very well together at sharing the workload and the amount of time put in can vary depending on one’s availability and schedule. With the other wonderful volunteers who assist with the events, there are many hands to get the jobs done.
Please consider joining the board or reaching out to get more information if you think you might be interested. Sharing the position and having 2 people co-chair is a great plan too if you know of someone else who might be interested. Coelho needs the PTO and we sincerely hope to fill these positions quickly and start the year off strong! We hope to hear from you.
PTO is looking for Volunteers
Link to sign-up form: https://tinyurl.com/yc7s949n
Volunteer/Committee Chair jobs open:
- Color Run (Now - May/June): Major fun run fundraiser/field day in late Spring. The basic structure is already in place.
- Grant writing (Now - 10/15): Write up grant request to Attleboro Cultural Council to fund 5th grade Spring programs. A previous grant writer can help guide the process.
- Cougar Gear/ Spirit wear (Sept-Oct & April-May): Coordinate orders, payments, printing, and distribution of clothes w/cougar logo
- Wreath Fundraiser (late Oct-early Dec): Coordinate orders, payments, and distribution of holiday wreaths
- Gift Card Fundraiser (Nov-Dec): Coordinate RaiseRight gift card orders, payment, and distribution for the holiday season. Online sales can be promoted year-round, with other options for expansion.
- PE Fundraiser: Working w/PE dept & student PE leaders to raise funds for PE dept. In the past, this has been a Student-Faculty basketball game in March, but there are options. Other events and fundraisers.
- Volunteer/Committee Chair jobs currently chaired (but can still use help): Restaurant/FUNdraisers (monthly): Getting fundraising nights set up with local restaurants.
- Yearbooks (now-Feb): Laying out and editing the yearbook.
- Book fair (Sept, Feb, May): Organizing and running 3 Scholastic book fairs.
- Staff Appreciation (May): A week of spoiling the staff that teaches and takes care of our students.
Access your account for ASPEN
Just so that you are aware, the expectation for updating grades in Aspen is every two weeks.
If you need your Aspen password reset, please follow the directions on this page.
You can also fill out the ASPEN username/password form and an email will be sent to you
Forms that need to be returned to school......
Forms that need to be passed back to the homeroom teachers
- Medical Forms
- Free/Reduced lunch forms: This is important, even though the lunch program is free this year, the amount of accurate applications that we have, helps with federal funding that we receive from the government, which helps educate the students. Please make sure you fill this out, even if you think you won't qualify. Here is the link for the application. https://www.attleboroschools.com/page/food-services
- 7th Grade updated immunization records: Brought in or faxed to the school nurse.
These are to be completed on the ASPEN Portal:
- Update Student Emergency Forms
- Handbook sign-off
- September 22nd: Welcome Night for all students and parents 6 PM to 8 PM
- September 30th: Movie Night for CMS families: 6:45 PM @ CMS
- October 12th: After school clubs and late busses start
- October 19th: Picture Day
All APS Community Fliers can be found within the Welcome Center website. To view this week’s fliers, including information from throughout Attleboro please visit the Welcome Center webpage or click here for current fliers.